What's new

New Van der hagen set - just pay the shipping and it's yours

Someone had given me this set a few months back and I just remembered about it. If someone wants it just pay the shipping fee and it's yours.

$avh-004_1z.jpg

Very nice! This will be great for a Noob. While I do hate how that soap smells (IMHO Arko smells better), it sure does work nicely. It's my current baseline soap for testing new gear.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Really? You like the brush? When I first started this journey this was the first thing I bought and the brush would constantly shed.
I would never tell a lie. I wouldn't say the shedding was constant but yes every now and then during a shave I'd notice a bristle on my face or in the sink. It was never a major concern. Still plenty of boar hair to whip up a great lather with.

I have that set as well and still use the brush occassionally. I do love the little soap bowl, a perfect fit for my hand.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
no one has got this yet?! shipping can't be that much! this is about a $10-13 shave set in retail stores. just paying for shipping is a great deal.

i'm trying to put together a newbie starter kit and would be willing to pay shipping for this if no one claims it. I wont use it, it will just be added to my PIF.

someone get this!

I got one of these kits from Rite Aid when I got my first razor as a pif. I use the brush right now and it's working for me.

no one has got this yet?! shipping can't be that much! this is about a $10-13 shave set in retail stores. just paying for shipping is a great deal.

i'm trying to put together a newbie starter kit and would be willing to pay shipping for this if no one claims it. I wont use it, it will just be added to my PIF.

someone get this!

i love the bowl for soaking a brush, and then dipping the brush for some water… ,

i think i'd keep the bowl and PIF the brush and soap.

Someone will see the light and get it. Heck it would make a great travel set up. I guess if nobody claims it, you should send it to Toothpick.

someone get this!

That's not necessary, great gesture, though.

maybe if this is moved to the newbie check in...

I had thought of posting it there when I started the thread.

i love the bowl for soaking a brush, and then dipping the brush for some water… ,

i think i'd keep the bowl and PIF the brush and soap.

I already have one of those bowls.

Someone will see the light and get it. Heck it would make a great travel set up. I guess if nobody claims it, you should send it to Toothpick.

I imagine someone will take it soon.

Top Bottom