What's new

NEW TREETS

i think ive found the perfect treets for me.
692ee23b0e01dc91e931eae3f0e5f66f--vintage-sweets-retro-sweets.jpg

Treet blades are used in vast majority Pakistani barbershops, they used disposable shavettes for hygiene reasons reusing the blade on second time on the client is unsanitary. Trim blades is used for cleaning the nape.
The TRIM blades state " DE" ..... Do you break the blade in half yourself ?

So I asked my mate in pakistan how much treet blades roughly go for, he said about 10 pakistani rupees so about 47 pence roughly for a tuck, must be s lot cheat if brought in bulk,
Just goes to show the must name these blades at such a low price

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you.

From my experiences when I tried the two versions of the Treet Durasharp, one in Yellow and one in Blue to see if they were the same blade but in the shave they both performed differently.

On another forum I post on, the proprietor of one of the UK's largest shaving goods sellers was told by his supplier the Yellow Durasharp and the Treet Classic were the same blade but again from my experiences using both blades it was clearly apparent both blades were different.

Nonetheless, I like all the Treet blades I've tried to date, but the Yellow Durasharp is my favourite of them.

Hopefully in the UK, some of the new varieties will find their way.
I'm just finding this old thread, but this is good information. I've started systematically shaving my way through all the current-production Treet carbon steel blades and writing it up on this thread. Treet seems to start and discontinue lines all the time to make comparison hard, so hopefully this has some relevance for awhile.

I wanted to do this because I had a surprisingly good experience with those yellow Dura Sharps, but they're no longer in production. I haven't come to the Classics in my trials yet, and wouldn't have enough experience with the yellows to tell if they're the same blade, but I hope they're somewhat similar.

It's confusing that Treet kept the Dura Sharp name but applied it to a completely different, stainless steel, blade (which is the blue Dura Sharp in current production). I do get a lot of reports that the other blades -- Falcons, Silvers, etc. -- are repackaged versions of one thing or another, so if I find anything of the sort I'll report my conclusions.

I'm just finding this old thread, but this is good information. I've started systematically shaving my way through all the current-production Treet carbon steel blades and writing it up on this thread. Treet seems to start and discontinue lines all the time to make comparison hard, so hopefully this has some relevance for awhile.

I wanted to do this because I had a surprisingly good experience with those yellow Dura Sharps, but they're no longer in production. I haven't come to the Classics in my trials yet, and wouldn't have enough experience with the yellows to tell if they're the same blade, but I hope they're somewhat similar.

It's confusing that Treet kept the Dura Sharp name but applied it to a completely different, stainless steel, blade (which is the blue Dura Sharp in current production). I do get a lot of reports that the other blades -- Falcons, Silvers, etc. -- are repackaged versions of one thing or another, so if I find anything of the sort I'll report my conclusions.

IMO, the Treet Classic is much milder than the Yellow Dura Sharp, which I find to be the pick of all the blades from Treet.

Where are you based? There are a few sellers on UK Ebay who have the Yellow Dura Sharps. £14 for 200 shipped in the UK.

IMO, the Treet Classic is much milder than the Yellow Dura Sharp, which I find to be the pick of all the blades from Treet.

Where are you based? There are a few sellers on UK Ebay who have the Yellow Dura Sharps. £14 for 200 shipped in the UK.
I'm based in the U.S. I can definitely find yellow Dura Sharp blades but I'm confining my trials to the currently produced blades. It will take me quite some time to get through those blades (plus some non-Treet carbons) in all the razors I'm testing. However, depending how it goes, I could pick up a few more yellow Dura Sharp blades for additional comparisons.

I don't think the blue Dura Sharp is stainless. I've compared them to Treet Classic and Falcon (known to be carbon steel) and the Platinum (stainless). They have the same slightly yellowish tint as the Classic and Falcon, have a stronger attraction to a magnet than the Platinum, and do rust. They may have a coating though - it resists rusting longer than the Classic/Falcon, but does eventually.

I don't think the blue Dura Sharp is stainless. I've compared them to Treet Classic and Falcon (known to be carbon steel) and the Platinum (stainless). They have the same slightly yellowish tint as the Classic and Falcon, have a stronger attraction to a magnet than the Platinum, and do rust. They may have a coating though - it resists rusting longer than the Classic/Falcon, but does eventually.
Thanks for this input. There’s so little information available on these blades, I’m not sure how I got the idea the blues were stainless. Maybe it’s just that razorblades club lists them as Teflon coated and I thought it was coated stainless instead of carbon steel. Either way, I think I know the next blade to test in my trial, after the poor showing by the apparently uncoated Super Power!

Top Bottom