What's new

NEW TREETS

A couple of new Treet DE blades on the market... Anyone try them yet ??
treet6.JPG
treet4.JPG
treet.JPG
treet2.JPG

Looks like their marketing department had a few!

I'm a big fan of Treets though. Black Beauties specifically. I use them almost exclusively.

Never tried one of their stainless. I got a few in a sampler but haven't gotten to them yet.

These new blades are possibly just current blades in new packaging. I imagine their equipment is ancient and I'm not sure they're going to upgrade or retool what already works so well. So this might just be their new design push to update and expand...

Hmm. I don't like their carbon blades, but am a big fan of their stainless offerings. I'll keep an eye out for these.

Hmm. I don't like their carbon blades, but am a big fan of their stainless offerings. I'll keep an eye out for these.
@Dualist has sent me some Treet Carbon blades and a Rubie. They haven't arrived yet but look for another Eye Test thread with photos. Perhaps you will see something that explains your dislike of carbon blades. I have never used them myself.

A couple of new Treet DE blades on the market... Anyone try them yet ??
I've tried the TJAX blades, it's a decent blade, it sits somewhere between the Treet Platinum & Treet 7 Days Platinum, went through 50 of them, they are pretty smooth, got around 5-6 good quality shaves before the blade started to lose it's sharpness & smoothness, Treet 7 Days Platinum are my personal favourites great consistency between being sharp, smooth and the number of shaves you get out of them.

Isn't treet the pakistani company?

The DE blades are Pakistani; the Treet SE blades are made in the USA at Number 1 Razor Blade Lane in Verona, Virginia. At some point in the dim past the Treet brand was sold/licensed/hijacked, but most likely it's a legit use of the name by both companies. Treet was originally a venture associated loosely with American Safety Razor to produce the Treet razor that looked exactly like the GEM Parade razor with the fat baton handle. ASR aquired or merged with Treet in 1948.

Looks like their marketing department had a few!

I'm a big fan of Treets though. Black Beauties specifically. I use them almost exclusively.

Never tried one of their stainless. I got a few in a sampler but haven't gotten to them yet.

These new blades are possibly just current blades in new packaging. I imagine their equipment is ancient and I'm not sure they're going to upgrade or retool what already works so well. So this might just be their new design push to update and expand...

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you.

From my experiences when I tried the two versions of the Treet Durasharp, one in Yellow and one in Blue to see if they were the same blade but in the shave they both performed differently.

On another forum I post on, the proprietor of one of the UK's largest shaving goods sellers was told by his supplier the Yellow Durasharp and the Treet Classic were the same blade but again from my experiences using both blades it was clearly apparent both blades were different.

Nonetheless, I like all the Treet blades I've tried to date, but the Yellow Durasharp is my favourite of them.

Hopefully in the UK, some of the new varieties will find their way.

I am really surprised the blades are even on Treet's website.

I find it hard to believe that any blade manufacturer would have the desire to set up machines to make so many different brands of blades, but it seems like they all do it. Or maybe they just have a couple blade lines and the stamp and packaging just changes to fool us consumers!

I have some old, odd Treets also. There are some in purple tucks and I have two completely different packages of Treet Platinum.

I am really surprised the blades are even on Treet's website.

I find it hard to believe that any blade manufacturer would have the desire to set up machines to make so many different brands of blades, but it seems like they all do it. Or maybe they just have a couple blade lines and the stamp and packaging just changes to fool us consumers!

I have some old, odd Treets also. There are some in purple tucks and I have two completely different packages of Treet Platinum.
I don't think they install new machinery for each blade, it's more like setting the amount of time on the final honing , edge angle, type of steel, etc.

Last edited:
I've tried the TJAX blades, it's a decent blade, it sits somewhere between the Treet Platinum & Treet 7 Days Platinum, went through 50 of them, they are pretty smooth, got around 5-6 good quality shaves before the blade started to lose it's sharpness & smoothness, Treet 7 Days Platinum are my personal favourites great consistency between being sharp, smooth and the number of shaves you get out of them.
I've tried almost every TREET blade, and I would rank the 7- DAYS blade #1.... I can get a dozen smooth , comfortable shaves with them.

I've tried almost every TREET blade, and I would rank the 7- DAYS blade #1.... I can get a dozen smooth , comfortable shaves with them.

I recently tried the 7 Days on a whim and I do really like them.

Have you seen the old, weird purple packed Treets or the platinums with odd packaging?

A couple of new Treet DE blades on the market... Anyone try them yet ??View attachment 1258682View attachment 1258684View attachment 1258685View attachment 1258686

A few random musings:

A) Who, if anyone, owns the owner of Treet? I read that P&G had purchased Treet at some point in the not too distant past. However, in the distant past I gather Treet was quite another, convoluted story. Aren't all razor blade brands owned by either P&G or Edgewell now?

B) I see that the Trim Treets are in a "Salon Pack," a usage we Americans would approve of, since we, particularly women, go to hair salons, but drink beer, particularly cowboys, in saloons.

However, Indian razor blades sometimes come in "Saloon Packs." Loi Blades out of Bangladesh also come in "Saloon Packs," which prompted one user to wonder whether these blades were somehow different (or better, as they were for professional use) from Sharp blades, which came in retail tucks.

In China, I saw one University establishment selling tea and coffee (but no beer) in a classy setting that called itself a "saloon." I, as a professional writer/editor turned English teacher, was irate.

Bottom line, English is international, and saloon and salon seem to have become more or less interchangeable, outside the U.S. at least, so don't get worked up.

My theory: Countries with stronger ties to England, such as India and China through Hong Kong, may use saloon where we use salon. Anyone from England who knows anything about this?

C) Why does the TJAX carton say "Stainless Steel Double Edge Blade" when the blade itself says "chrome coated"?

For most DE users there are "stainless steel" blades and there are "platinum" or "chrome" blades. But, of course, with Treet, the primary distinction is between stainless steel and carbon steel.

D) Why is the "Trim DE - Barbers First Choice" with an illustration of a Shavette (TM) a DE blade, which I assume would be a barber's second choice, after a pre-split single edge blade?

Here, the issue of saloon/salon pack vs tucks is possibly relevant. Blades marketed to barbers are likely to not be as good as blades for personal use. In India, and I presume neighboring countries, barbers are prohibited from re-using razor blades. They are supposed to throw them out after one shave, although in reality they sell the used split blades to people on a "tight budget," who use them and throw them away, sometimes carelessly (you can see lots of split blades embedded in the heat-softened road asphalt).

So, if the barber is only using the blade once, they do not need to be durable. Also, since their profit margin is tight, barbers prefer less expensive, lower quality blades than we Westerners insist upon (besides, they are shaving relatively easy whiskers with several days growth). The barbers' first choice is "cheap." I did not see barbers in India using the top brands.

E) One day, it would be nice if all those well-paid, well-fed marketing folks did a little research and told us why, exactly, we should buy their brand, and the pros and cons of the various labels they sell, and which is better and which is best, and why? Instead, we get cute pictures, contradictions, and, at most, marketing gobbledygook. Purple, green, red, yellow, blue, striped, polka dot wrappers -- what does it mean, please?

Durasharp Yellow vs Durasharp Blue? Look around you: Are there any Durasharp Yellows for sale in the U.S.? Not on Amazon or eBay. But the Blue are. What does that tell you? They are probably selling the same blades with different packaging for different markets.

However, they might not be the same blades. Asian markets probably want cheap stuff; Western markets probably expect better quality. Or vice versa. Or they may all be the same blade, and it's a trick to get you to buy a carton of each. Only Treet knows for sure, and even that I'm not sure of.

F) Has Treet considered changing their name? When I do a search on Amazon, I get back lots of entries for canned luncheon loaf.

BTW, I like the Treet carbon steel blades a lot; I wish more companies would make top quality carbon steel blades. However, Treet's quality control is a bit sloppy, so you will probably get a dud now and then, which may account for the occasional sneers. OTOH, I tried some Treet stainless blades a few years ago, and found them harsh.

Sorry, but I am not going to buy one tuck of every blade label made by every blade manufacturer in the world to try to figure out which one is best. In fact, I'm through. Done. I'm happy with what I've got.

Yeah, right.

Contrary to my No More New Blades rule, I did order a carton of the Seven Days blades based on the recommendations here (and the price). You guys better be right!

Last edited:
Here is some insightful information by Dualist on the ownership of Treet razor blades, as well as the characteristics of some of their labels:

Dualist:

"Treet itself is a very respectable company, they began by selling supplies to the British Army, it's been in the same family for 100 years, the current CEO is an Oxford alum, and they're the only manufacturer in Pakistan currently ISO certified (all this per their website)."

So it appears the old American Treet razor blades were a different company.

Here is some insightful information by Dualist on the ownership of Treet razor blades, as well as the characteristics of some of their labels:

Dualist:

"Treet itself is a very respectable company, they began by selling supplies to the British Army, it's been in the same family for 100 years, the current CEO is an Oxford alum, and they're the only manufacturer in Pakistan currently ISO certified (all this per their website)."

So it appears the old American Treet razor blades were a different company.

I'm not sure they didn't either buy the name, buy the machines and set them up in Pakistan, or both. That's how it often goes with industry in the developing world- an old name in the US or UK or someplace folds so an enterprising company located in a place with cheaper currency/labor/materials picks up where they left off and carries on...

Regarding the history of the company, I got curious about the last significant maker of carbon steel blades and found their history proudly described on their website. They're one of the largest companies in Pakistan and also one of the very few "multinational conglomerates".

Whatever their story, I have a great deal of appreciation for their Black Beauties! They couldn't be more basic and, these days, truly basic is nearly impossible to find. Pure carbon steel, not one thing more. There's purity in simplicity. Thanks very much Treet!

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you.

From my experiences when I tried the two versions of the Treet Durasharp, one in Yellow and one in Blue to see if they were the same blade but in the shave they both performed differently.

On another forum I post on, the proprietor of one of the UK's largest shaving goods sellers was told by his supplier the Yellow Durasharp and the Treet Classic were the same blade but again from my experiences using both blades it was clearly apparent both blades were different.

Nonetheless, I like all the Treet blades I've tried to date, but the Yellow Durasharp is my favourite of them.

Hopefully in the UK, some of the new varieties will find their way.
Same with the Bic and Astor blades. Someone posted here info, that representatives of Bic wrote in email to him the Bics and Astors are the same blade, just different packaging. Not true. I have been using both for more than 15 years and they are very different to me.

Top Bottom