What's new

New to the site, very happy switching to DE razors

I have used straight razors in the past and own several, but my daily razor has been a Gillette Mach 3 for longer than I can remember. I love history and learning the “old ways” and decided I wanted to give a DE Razor a try. I found a 1950s Gillette Gold Tech in an antique shop for $20 in like new condition. I ordered a new brush )my others were in poor shape), some Proraso soap and after shave, and a blade sample pack.

So far I am very impressed after several shaves. Only two minor nicks on already ingrown hairs my first time, but none since. My face feels smooth. The razor cuts smooth and simple. I still need to work on the stragglers right around my lips, but that will come with practice and confidence.

I already ordered a 1960s Gillette Slim, 1960s Super Speed Wedge, and a 1940s Tech in a cheap auction pack. I will give them a good clean in my ultrasonic when I get them.

I have been learning a lot from YouTube and this site and decided it was time to join.

Thanks!
IMG_0987.jpeg
IMG_0988.jpeg

I have used straight razors in the past and own several, but my daily razor has been a Gillette Mach 3 for longer than I can remember. I love history and learning the “old ways” and decided I wanted to give a DE Razor a try. I found a 1950s Gillette Gold Tech in an antique shop for $20 in like new condition. I ordered a new brush )my others were in poor shape), some Proraso soap and after shave, and a blade sample pack.

So far I am very impressed after several shaves. Only two minor nicks on already ingrown hairs my first time, but none since. My face feels smooth. The razor cuts smooth and simple. I still need to work on the stragglers right around my lips, but that will come with practice and confidence.

I already ordered a 1960s Gillette Slim, 1960s Super Speed Wedge, and a 1940s Tech in a cheap auction pack. I will give them a good clean in my ultrasonic when I get them.

I have been learning a lot from YouTube and this site and decided it was time to join.

Thanks!View attachment 1769457View attachment 1769458
Welcome. The rabbit hole is real. I started shaving with a DE razor back in 2016 to save money on the ridiculous price of razor cartridges. Then 2000+ blades, 20+ razors, 5 brushes, and at least 30 soaps and creams later 🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20220503_194235764.jpg
    IMG_20220503_194235764.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 17
Welcome! It’s an incredibly fun and enjoyable journey through razors, soaps, creams, brushes, blades, aftershaves, and many other bits that contribute to the shaving experience. You’ll be constantly rewarded along the way!

Top Bottom