What's new

New to me Schick injector

Had my first shave today, the razor is smaller than it looks online. I have a J type, but I mostly use a GEM MMOC, 1914, British made 1912. I believe this is a G4 from researching online.

Shaves a lot closer the the J I have. I installed a new Schick blade, there was a blade in there, so I didn't have to sacrifice one of the Schicks.

Got about the same shave as the MMOC or the 1914, my face is still smooth hours later. I have a pretty tough beard, I shave every day using three passes.

Excuse the soap, I took the picture after I used it today. I think it cleaned up really well, it was not too bad of shape. Got it for about $9.30.

I think I got a good deal, thoughts?

Thanks

SR1.jpg

SR2.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
That looks really nice and the handle is not your typical one, making it even prettier.

Nice looking razor. I’m glad you enjoyed the shave. I believe you’ll fine that the G type is one of the nicest shaving Schicks, it’s quite efficient and provides a very comfortable shave.

Thanks all
Yes, it's a G5, not a G4, I mistyped that.
Second shave today, nice and smooth again. I wonder how many shaves I'll get from the blade. With my GEMs, I change the blade every Saturday.

Do the injector blades act like a GEM blade where they don't bite, but just are not cutting as well when they are on their way out?

Do the injector blades act like a GEM blade where they don't bite, but just are not cutting as well when they are on their way out?

That's been my experience, although I usually get between 25 and 30 shaves per blade before they give up.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I get 2 weeks of daily shaves from a Personna/Pella injector blade, but a full month from a Schick.

I have a Type G with the turquoise handle too. I also have a Type G with the navy Blue handle (1949). They make an attractive pair!

And did I mention they both are excellent shavers?

Hint: I get the best shaves with an injector when I ride the cap, i.e., the cap is parallel to the face and touching the face.

Hint: I get the best shaves with an injector when I ride the cap, i.e., the cap is parallel to the face and touching the face.

+1 on this, I’ve found this to be true with all my Schick injectors. They shave best, with me at least, when I shave with the flat surface of the cap riding, that is touching my face.

My first Schick E had did not have the correct angle as I suspect the lip had flattened it out over its 80 year existence. Alway make sure yours is correct angle.

Could you elaborate a bit more on this? I'm unaware of the issue.

Thanks
On the E and G type the head is attached to the handle with a flat copper/brass part. This flat piece extends down into the handle. This piece can be bent changing the angle the head shaves.

G type is my most fav SE. It gives me my most closest shaves with cut up feather pro super blades.

Top Bottom