What's new

New soap!

Just get more Stirling if you are after high end soaps...
You just might be right, just finished a shave with Stirling and it was a great 2 pass shave, I prefer it more than Haslinger even though I might be splitting hairs, Stirling will be repurchased.

Just finished a shave with Haslinger, also great stuff, will settle on my 8 pack for a while DG, WK, SV,BM, Tabac, MWF, Haslinger and Stirling, I think they are all pretty good soaps.

I just got the new scents from Razorock, haven't lathered them yet, but really like the Green Label a lot.

I found Abbate Y La Mantia's Krokos to be something quite special. It had great performance for me, nice and slick and very, very good post-shave feel. And I find the smell intoxicating:)

I really enjoy the ADP colonia style scent and was wondering what smells as good as SV 70th and is as good or better at a nice slick shave.

Arkos all you need. Buy a 12 pack of sticks and you'll be set for life.
I am a recent convert to Arko! As good a soap as you get, but not sure I want to use it always! Now,the scent is a bit clinical, but I have just sprayed cologne on it and let it soak into it overnight. Works well! I grated the stick and made a nice puck of it.

Arko, the soap all other soaps strive to be. And the smell is to die for.....

Or because of, some would say.

But I personally have no problem with my face smelling like a clean urinal, as long as there is no irritation!
Try making a puck of Arko and spraying a thin film of cologne. Let it soak in and the urinal smell is gone!
I've come to the conclusion that most soaps can be great, just personal preference as to which scent you like.

I tried some Murphy & McNeil samples and I’m sold, ordered a tub of Kells and have a feeling my small den will get even smaller, it has moved to the top. Is there another US maker that is just as good, I like the scents too, light to medium.

I found Abbate Y La Mantia's Krokos to be something quite special. It had great performance for me, nice and slick and very, very good post-shave feel. And I find the smell intoxicating:)
I understand the saffron scent is bit muted on this soap? For me scented soaps are big part of the shaving experience but with saffron it probably don't have to be screaming loud scent. Real Saffron scent can linger and intrigue without being loud. I am almost at pushing the buy button on Krokos but not sure if I should. After watching couple of top grade artisan soaps going rancid in really hot indian summer, I am leery of putting down as much money on Krokos if it is very soft. Only hard milled soaps seems to fare better in Indian weather.

Residual slickness is low? I have trouble rinsing off all the slickness after each Stirling shave. I love Stirling soaps regardless.
I was recently chosen to test Grooming Dept's newest formula, Fortis, and some of the GD faithful had tested and posted it was on par with the regular GD line as being one of the slickest soap out there and in all my lathers with it I found the slickness to be the worst I'd ever tried... I am an exclusive Stirling user because it is one of the slickest more dense soaps out there today and one of, if not, the best price per ounce soaps at $13-14 for almost 6oz of soap!! As you posted it has great residual slickness and the post shave feel is great as well. Definitely a top tier soap in my book!!
You just might be right, just finished a shave with Stirling and it was a great 2 pass shave, I prefer it more than Haslinger even though I might be splitting hairs, Stirling will be repurchased.
You can't possibly go wrong with another Stirling soap!!

I would also recommend you check out some samples to find what works best for you. There are a TON of artisans these days so there is something for everyone, but samples would give you a nice variety to experiment with without committing to a full tub.

If you are looking for full tubs here are a few sugestions:

Ballenclaugh Soaps
Ellegant Rose
Siliski Soaps
Victory Shaving
Wet The Face
Grooming Dept

B&M Taiga
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom