What's new

New Shavemac in Honor of the Configurator Closing

Flattop with 210 square handle 2.jpg

Is this the #210 handle?

How do the knots look different in those pictures? I'm assuming it's the same brush even though the handle colors looks different in what I'm assuming the light or flash made it appear darker. The D01 knot shape on the Shavemac website looks weird it's not really a bulb or a fan shape. The first picture with the handle that looks more turquoise has the familiar badger bloom to it, the bottom picture with the darker blue handle has that weird D01 shape. Does that D01 shape go away once broken in or something?

they will bloom and change shape.

this is before and after first shave for a 26mm d01 silvertip fan
IMG_3224.jpg
IMG_3244.jpg

I had my D01 2-band built in the configurator but ended up not pulling the trigger last night and now the website is down for maintenance. If its still in my cart when the website returns it must be divine providence right? 🤣

The order I placed Jan 13th for backups of my favourites should arrive today!!

Delivery.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The configurator will be open a couple more hours!

I've just ordered a second last second Shavemac brush. I was tempted when a few enablers in this thread posted fetching photographs featuring appealing colors and shapes.

D01 two band. 22/50 Fan.

I didn't think I'd ever order another D01 two band, but I have. Wish me luck.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Flat top. Not fan.

(Unless I screwed up the order which I doubt, but can't currently ascertain.)

Happy shaves,

Jim

How do the knots look different in those pictures? I'm assuming it's the same brush even though the handle colors looks different in what I'm assuming the light or flash made it appear darker. The D01 knot shape on the Shavemac website looks weird it's not really a bulb or a fan shape. The first picture with the handle that looks more turquoise has the familiar badger bloom to it, the bottom picture with the darker blue handle has that weird D01 shape. Does that D01 shape go away once broken in or something?
The photo where you can see the word Shavemac (bottom photo) is right out of the box and never used. The top photo where you can see "made in Germany" is after it has been used and that is how the knot now looks. It will never again look like the bottom photo unless it is packed in a tight box or tied with some string or a rubber band. As for the handle color, that is the nature of the Peacock resin. There are several colors or shades and the two sides are different, but the colors blend nicely. It isn't a sudden change with a sharp border.

The photo where you can see the word Shavemac (bottom photo) is right out of the box and never used. The top photo where you can see "made in Germany" is after it has been used and that is how the knot now looks. It will never again look like the bottom photo unless it is packed in a tight box or tied with some string or a rubber band. As for the handle color, that is the nature of the Peacock resin. There are several colors or shades and the two sides are different, but the colors blend nicely. It isn't a sudden change with a sharp border.
Good to know the knot shape blooms out once used. It kept me from ordering a D01 sooner. Also my D01 is in the Blue Peacock color so stoked for that. Went with a Finest Badger for the other brush I ordered instead of the Pure Badger I would have preferred but he doesn't offer Pure anymore verified by his answer in an email. Got the Finest badger brush in Red Damascus.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
usually bernd send a confirmation email, asking if al specs are correct.

Indeed he did.

I ordered two brushes to slide under the configurator's closing wire.

1709394385307.png
1709394298816.png
This was the first 22 mm flat top.​
This was the last 22 mm flat top.​

Both are correct.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Anyone here have pics of their Shavemac brush with handle #87? Both of mine are this handle one in Peacock and the other in Red Damascus.

proxy.php

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="Ba1B5B3"><a href=" ">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Anyone here have pics of their Shavemac brush with handle #87? Both of mine are this handle one in Peacock and the other in Red Damascus.

proxy.php

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="Ba1B5B3"><a href=" ">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
84b11fc5-538e-449f-9089-2e2df4d07ed2-jpeg.1778376

@Multum in parvo's brush

Top Bottom