What's new

New Seaforth! Shave Soap by Spearhead Shave Co

I haven't purchased any Seaforth soap (yet), but did get some PAA Diver Down which is their Seaforth scent and I love it. Does the Seaforth spice product smell similar?

Spearhead Shaving Company, the Seaforth brand owner, modernized the Spiced scent and Diver Down is supposed to be closer to the original Seaforth fragrance.

Spearhead Shaving Company, the Seaforth brand owner, modernized the Spiced scent and Diver Down is supposed to be closer to the original Seaforth fragrance.

Thanks...I definitely need to give the Spearhead Seaforth spice a try. I've never been a huge fan of spice scents, but there's something about the PAA Seaforth scent that really pulls me in.

Thanks...I definitely need to give the Spearhead Seaforth spice a try. I've never been a huge fan of spice scents, but there's something about the PAA Seaforth scent that really pulls me in.

That's how I went down the spice rabbit hole. I end up reaching for Seaforth! Spiced and Soap Commander Endurance the most. I guess I'm keeping it balanced - one Seaforth! Spiced homage and one Old Spice homage.

I have both the Heather and Spiced. Absolutely love them. If, heaven forbid, I could only have 1 brand of soaps, these would be it.
I have been reevaluating my soaps and I am putting Seaforth! at the top followed by Captain’s Choice. Heather is my favorite followed by Sea Spice Lime. My PAA and Stirling soaps and post shave products will be finding new homes due to the irritation they cause me.

I hope that you enjoy them! Heather is still my favorite scent of the three. My Heather EdT should arrive tomorrow! I have been holding off using my Heather soap again until it arrives.

What does the Heather smell like?
It is considered a fougere, so kind of green I guess. My nose doesn’t work very well but I can smell it and I struggle to smell the othe Seaforth! scents. @MyOldKentuckyHome and his wife found it too strong but in a huge field of under scented soaps it stands out and has staying power. This is Spearheads description :

Heather is a classic fougère structure, but instead of a dated, oakmoss-heavy fougère, it leans to the light and soapy side. It has a crisp green note of clary sage in place of the weighty, damp green oakmoss, fortified with a big dose of French and Bulgarian lavender and sunny bergamot citrus. Along with geranium, a classically crisp, fruity-green note, Heather is an invigorating, refreshingly classic scent without feeling dated.

Scent notes include: Lavender, Bergamot, Geranium, Clary Sage, Oakmoss, and Coumarin.

All that I can add is that I love it. I also tend to experience neck irritation with heavily scented soap but I don’t with Heather.

Last edited:
I had planned on using my new Semogue Mistura and some Castle Forbes Lavender this morning, then this Sea Spice Lime arrived and I had to change plans.

PXL_20210525_125322931.jpg

Heather has a very lavender forward scent. I personally like it but unfortunately my wife does not. Spice is definitely a nice scent but I think it would be best suited for cooler weather. The scent of Spice reminds me of a very pleasant chai tea.

Overall both soaps and aftershaves perform very well. I would give the edge to the Heather aftershave with alcohol out of personal preference.

Heather has a very lavender forward scent. I personally like it but unfortunately my wife does not. Spice is definitely a nice scent but I think it would be best suited for cooler weather. The scent of Spice reminds me of a very pleasant chai tea.

Overall both soaps and aftershaves perform very well. I would give the edge to the Heather aftershave with alcohol out of personal preference.
I purchased the Heather Aftershave instead of the toner as I prefer an alcohol based aftershave as well. Have you tried the new Sea Spice Lime yet? There are no samples yet but Dennis says there will be, however right now he is trying to keep up with demand for Sea Spice Lime products.

I have not tried the lime yet. Not sure if I would like the lime as I’ve never tried a soap with lime scent.

For hot summer months soaps I’m hoping he releases something like proraso green or Barrister and Mann Cool which is my favorite summer scent.

I had planned on using my new Semogue Mistura and some Castle Forbes Lavender this morning, then this Sea Spice Lime arrived and I had to change plans.

View attachment 1271820
How is the Lime? I've been watching it and waiting for it to come out, but I'd like to get a sample (believe they are sold out on the website) before jumping in. I've been trying to find a good substitute for the E-Shave Lime Verbena cream that I regret giving to my son--I miss the bright lime scent in the morning and would like to try either this or the Lime from Stirling Soapworks, but I have a SeaForth Heather mug and would like to fill it with a Seaforth soap but not sure on the Heather scent, but thinking the lime or spice...

For hot summer months soaps I’m hoping he releases something like proraso green or Barrister and Mann Cool which is my favorite summer scent.

I know this is a different brand, but if you like Proraso green during the warmer months, check out PAA Awesome Sauce. This is a combination of the green shaving cream and aftershave scents together. I love it. It also has a nice menthol presence.

My samples of Seaforth Spice and Heather have shipped. Suppose to show up on Friday...hopefully in time for a trial shave.

How is the Lime? I've been watching it and waiting for it to come out, but I'd like to get a sample (believe they are sold out on the website) before jumping in. I've been trying to find a good substitute for the E-Shave Lime Verbena cream that I regret giving to my son--I miss the bright lime scent in the morning and would like to try either this or the Lime from Stirling Soapworks, but I have a SeaForth Heather mug and would like to fill it with a Seaforth soap but not sure on the Heather scent, but thinking the lime or spice...
Here is a pretty decent review on YouTube Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Video Review

I've got some that should be arriving in a day or two now. Also got the aftershave. I'll be reporting back.

I'm very new at wet shaving and only entering the world or soaps and creams, my experiences are limited. That said, I found it very easy to whip into a very sturdy lather. I've been on the wrong side of the learning curve where whipping up a good lather with a Chubby3 is concerned and this just felt like a personal best, I'm very happy with the lather - and it was slick enough for me using a Dorco blade. The scent wasn't as bright as I expected it to be, I could have handled a little more lime where it opens, but it was very nice - not overly complex yet satisfyingly full of character. I'm not overly sensitive to fragrances but sometimes they'll turn my neck red - with this there was no irritation. I'll be using this soap throughout the summer for sure.

I'm very new at wet shaving and only entering the world or soaps and creams, my experiences are limited. That said, I found it very easy to whip into a very sturdy lather. I've been on the wrong side of the learning curve where whipping up a good lather with a Chubby3 is concerned and this just felt like a personal best, I'm very happy with the lather - and it was slick enough for me using a Dorco blade. The scent wasn't as bright as I expected it to be, I could have handled a little more lime where it opens, but it was very nice - not overly complex yet satisfyingly full of character. I'm not overly sensitive to fragrances but sometimes they'll turn my neck red - with this there was no irritation. I'll be using this soap throughout the summer for sure.
Great description. I am finding that I am sensitive to a lot more soaps than I previously thought. With me it doesn’t happen right away but mostly it occurs hours after use on my neck. I have two PAA soaps that are causing me irritation and one Stirling soap. Today I used a sample of Murphy and McNeil Nantahala in the morning and about two hours ago I began feeling irritation and redness on my neck. I had to wash my neck and apply Nivea balm. None of the Seaforth! soaps have caused me any irritation.

Here is a decent YouTube review of the Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime

The soap and aftershave arrived yesterday. Here's my quick take, but first of all, some context. I got this hoping it would be in the same territory as C&E West Indian Lime. I have that EDT and think it's fantastic. It is not the same territory, so my search continues.

I don't fuss much with prep, just wash face, wet it down, face lather, single pass, wipe, dry, AS. Last night was a boar brush and a Dorko 5/8.

The Soap:
  • Soap loaded nicely, quickly and effectively.
  • Not super thirsty like some other bases (I'm looking at you CK6 and B&M reserve)
  • Really nice shave, slicker than expected, comfortable. I really like this base a lot. It holds up to the other bases I like (MDC, SV 4.3, Stirling, old formula Fine). I LIKE using this base.
  • Scent, pretty much as described. Lime first then fades to the base notes and more into the pink pepper scent. I don't like pink pepper. Fresh, not overwhelming and well balanced overall. I would prefer more earthy stuff (vetiver, oakmoss, patchouli) over the pink pepper.
  • As for the pink pepper, the best comparison I can think of is Cella Bio. The amount used in Cella Bio soap and AS make it a showstopper for me and despite their good performance, i gave away the Cella because of it. The Seaforth has it, but it's not as in your face. So it's more of a preference for me.
The Aftershave
  • Top notes were great, loved them.
  • Good skin feel and performance. It's good juice.
  • Lime is forward, but it's not that sweet candy lime, just fresh and balanced.
  • It eventually dries down to the pink pepper scent, but not overwhelming. I don't care for it, but that's about my preference.
  • Scent is longer lived than expected, it's not super strong but persistent. It's nicely done.
In a nutshell, the soap stays in the rotation. It's fresh and good, without being candy sweet. When it's time for a new fougere, I'll definitely be trying the Heather. The soap base is really good. Quality stuff.

I'll keep messing with the AS, but I won't likely be reaching for it too often...but that's about scent preference, not performance.

And if anyone knows of a solid soap and AS that like C&E West Indian Lime... lemme know.

Top Bottom