What's new

New Seaforth! Shave Soap by Spearhead Shave Co

Just ordered the heather.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Apparently a few people did. The Spearhead website now shows Heather as sold out. It should still be available at WCS, Maggards and Top of the Chain (Canada I think?). I do hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. My full size puck of Heather soap and aftershave splash should arrive on Friday. Spearhead processes orders very quickly.

Apparently a few people did. The Spearhead website now shows Heather as sold out. It should still be available at WCS, Maggards and Top of the Chain (Canada I think?). I do hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. My full size puck of Heather soap and aftershave splash should arrive on Friday. Spearhead processes orders very quickly.
I emailed Dennis and asked if there will be another run of the Heather EDT and he said he is waiting for more bottles and will do the EDT again sometime in the summer. He was unaware that web site was showing Heather as sold out. He has more and he just added it to the inventory. It now shows available again. Hopefully that is the case with the sample packs as both of those are showing sold out. I dropped him a line to let him know.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I emailed Dennis and asked if there will be another run of the Heather EDT and he said he is waiting for more bottles and will do the EDT again sometime in the summer. He was unaware that web site was showing Heather as sold out. He has more and he just added it to the inventory. It now shows available again. Hopefully that is the case with the sample packs as both of those are showing sold out. I dropped him a line to let him know.

He should send you a commission!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All right. Read up on these.

Heather. Light and "soapy fougere," sure sounds like Brut... 🤔 Sounds good.

Spiced has notes on track with PAA Diver Down; hopefully both are close to the Seaforth.

Seems like Spearhead has done a good job with the homage...

AA

All right. Read up on these.

Heather. Light and "soapy fougere," sure sounds like Brut... 🤔 Sounds good.

Spiced has notes on track with PAA Diver Down; hopefully both are close to the Seaforth.

Seems like Spearhead has done a good job with the homage...

AA
I think they did. Getting a professional perfumer to create the scents was a wise move. From what I have read getting balanced scents was a priority. I hope Dennis gets more sample packs put together. When I asked him about it he said he would rather make 50 full soap pucks than 50 samples. Pita was the word he used for making soap samples. I am a believer in samples. Nobody likes plunking down 20 bucks for a soap to find out they don’t like the scent or other qualities of the soap.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I received my samples from Seaforth (with a nice note from Dennis). I look forward to trying them

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.40.18 PM.png

I pulled the trigger on the Seaforth Sea Spice Lime soap and toner. I don't care much for a straight up lime so this caught my eye. I'm hoping it's somewhere in the C&E West Indian Lime territory. Should land next week sometime.

I pulled the trigger on the Seaforth Sea Spice Lime soap and toner. I don't care much for a straight up lime so this caught my eye. I'm hoping it's somewhere in the C&E West Indian Lime territory. Should land next week sometime.
My order of Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime should deliver today. The only lime I have to compare it to is Captain’s Choice. I will try to post my impressions of it tomorrow after I shave with it.

Right? Bold statement
I will say this about the Seaforth! soaps, I watched some Youtube reviews and one reviewer called it a high structure lather and I think that is right. The Seaforth lather stands up more, it is fluffier if that makes sense and just feels more silky when I am working it on my face than PAA. It is probably a personal preference thing but I don't take away my recommendation. I just received the Sea Spice Lime and applied some EDT and let my wife smell it (her nose is much better than mine) and she says it smells nice. She says it smells like lime/lemon and she she smells other stuff. She says she doesn't know what spicy is supposed to smell like lol. Unfortunately, with my poor nose I can just detect a hint of the lime and none of the other. I am going to go out on a limb and say if you found Heather too powerful you will probably like the Sea Spice lime scent which is good news for people like @MyOldKentuckyHome.

I will say this about the Seaforth! soaps, I watched some Youtube reviews and one reviewer called it a high structure lather and I think that is right. The Seaforth lather stands up more, it is fluffier if that makes sense and just feels more silky when I am working it on my face than PAA. It is probably a personal preference thing but I don't take away my recommendation. I just received the Sea Spice Lime and applied some EDT and let my wife smell it (her nose is much better than mine) and she says it smells nice. She says it smells like lime/lemon and she she smells other stuff. She says she doesn't know what spicy is supposed to smell like lol. Unfortunately, with my poor nose I can just detect a hint of the lime and none of the other. I am going to go out on a limb and say if you found Heather too powerful you will probably like the Sea Spice lime scent which is good news for people like @MyOldKentuckyHome.
I ordered a sample and am very excited to try it! If it can be compared to CK6 then I must try some. I looked over the sight before ordering the sample and I like the angle they're going for. Very much a family business vibe and didn't feel like a sales pitch. I like that.

Tried the Heather twice. Initial impressions are I like the smell. The lather, while fluffy and light seemed to me not particularly slick. Maybe I just need more time to dial it in?
I do about 4 passes and a lot of blade buffing on my neck which is sensitive like most folks necks. I don't always reapply lather when doing touchups and of course when doing blade buffing and I haven't experienced any irritation. It doesn't have that thick lather cling like say Captain's Choice soaps. I do use a lot of soap though to make my lather. I found Heather doesn't load as easily as some soaps from the puck (and I know you were working from a sample) so I mash a fairly good size portion of soap into my scuttle and just cover it with hot water then load my brush as well. I add water in increments to build my lather. You may just prefer a more dense low structure lather as well. I am glad you purchased it in the sample instead of the puck! I just ordered 8 Murphy and McNeil samples to test for that very same reason.

Today I used the Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime and it performs exactly the same as Heather. If your a fan of high structure lather like me then this is another great one. The scent is nice with the lime being the first thing I notice and for my poor nose there is just a hint of something else but I can't get a good enough whiff of it to describe it. Someone with a normal nose will have to do the honors.

I tried the Sea Spice Lime today (first use). Both the soap and the aftershave toner (non alcohol). The fragrance is now my all time top lime scent. I love lime, and have all of those currently on the market, as well as many vintage (20+). This is not a "pure" lime scent, such as Castle Forbes. It has many notes that combine like none other I have experienced. It is like getting hit with a wave from a "tropical lime sea". This new scent from Seaforth (Spearhead Shaving Co.) is a winner. The soap has great slickness and protection. The aftershave toner makes your skin feel great, and the scent actually lasts for 6 to 8 hours (unbelievably). I wish they had an EDT to go with the soap and aftershave toner. Highly recommended for those who like lime, which has been "kicked up a notch".

I tried the Sea Spice Lime today (first use). Both the soap and the aftershave toner (non alcohol). The fragrance is now my all time top lime scent. I love lime, and have all of those currently on the market, as well as many vintage (20+). This is not a "pure" lime scent, such as Castle Forbes. It has many notes that combine like none other I have experienced. It is like getting hit with a wave from a "tropical lime sea". This new scent from Seaforth (Spearhead Shaving Co.) is a winner. The soap has great slickness and protection. The aftershave toner makes your skin feel great, and the scent actually lasts for 6 to 8 hours (unbelievably). I wish they had an EDT to go with the soap and aftershave toner. Highly recommended for those who like lime, which has been "kicked up a notch".
You had to be fast to get the Sea Spice Lime EDT as it sold out very quickly. Yesterday morning my wife came into the bathroom after I had finished shaving and said it smells spicy in here and hours later when we were in the store she sniffed me and said I can still smell you. The scent seems to have some staying power. If you use and enjoy Heather there is a new release of that EdT but it is a limited run so it wont be around long I suspect.

I haven't purchased any Seaforth soap (yet), but did get some PAA Diver Down which is their Seaforth scent and I love it. Does the Seaforth spice product smell similar?

Top Bottom