What's new

New SC first time using an open comb

Just used my new SC. I had been using my Ever-ready 1912 the past couple of weeks and decided to give one of my other razors a try.
Wow, get the angle right and this thing is awesome, a little too much and it bites hard. With that said, i got a few nicks on the edge of my chin and down the center of my neck. Small ones, so nothing the styptic couldn't handle. Got a little razor burn in various areas around the neck. This is so close to a BBS, other than a couple small spots i missed, it is a really smooth shave.
I was in such a good mood afterwards. My wife thought it was funny that I was so excited about a great shave. Lol $uploadfromtaptalk1410129620239.jpg

lol, well we all get the excitement of the great shave.......i will find myself just running the back of my fingers across my face while ill stare off into the distance, taking in the fine scent my soap just left with me....just something about that truly smooth skin that good quality wet shave will give you. i dont think for the rest of my life ill shave any other way.....

Been sitting here watching TV and rubbing my chin way more than usual, lol. I have friendly mutton chops, so it's just my neck and chin shaved.

My wife doesn't get why I'm so excited after a great shave either. Hell, I'm not sure I know why I'm excited. I just know that I am and my face feels great.
The New SC is a terrific razor. Enjoy it.

The SC was my first open comb encounter, as well. In fact, I have the exact razor as yours, case and all. I think the SC is the best intro to OC razors there is. It taught me that not all OC's are the bloodthirsty animals I thought they were. I branched-out from there to the LC NEW, Old Type, and the Cadet.

The SC was my first open comb encounter, as well. In fact, I have the exact razor as yours, case and all. I think the SC is the best intro to OC razors there is. It taught me that not all OC's are the bloodthirsty animals I thought they were. I branched-out from there to the LC NEW, Old Type, and the Cadet.

There are even milder OC than NEW SC... OC has nothing to do with the aggressiveness of a razor.

OC razors are giving a more comfortable shave. This becomes clearly visible when you go to the aggressive end of the scale. You do not find much popular SB razors here. OC, because of the added comfort, thrives well in the aggressive end of the scale. We have popular razors like Jaws/Pearl/Cadet, R41 etc. This maybe has created the myth.

Top Bottom