What's new

New Saint Charles Shave "Shop"

Saint Charles Shave is finally in one place, a working “Shop”, if you will. Formally a part of my kitchen, pantry; the laundry room storage shelves and garage; producing products with scattered supplies was becoming far too complicated. I knew I had room in the unfinished part of my basement but hadn’t been down there in almost three years; unable to negotiate the stairs. So, I bit the bullet, made an early withdrawal from my 401K, bought a rail chair from Med-i-quip, and called the builder who built my house 6 years ago.

I tried to describe what I wanted to my builder. He said it would be best to draw it out and he would come back in a couple days. So, with ruler in hand and lined school paper from my Grandkids; I drew out each wall. I picked up a barely used stack washer and dryer from a couple moving, a double utility tub, an extra wide drawer unit and a five burner stove top from a great sale at Home Depot as shown in my drawings. A few days later as we went over the drawings, he said no problem, they’d start the next week….I really was expecting laughter.

Moving everything was a chore that my adult children all helped with, even the Grandkids carried small items downstairs. There are a couple boxes of stock and my Kitchen Aid mixer still to be moved. But, it is perfect for my needs. The guys moved cabinets from the garage, put water, natural gas, outlets and lighting where there was none. My scratchy drawings are a reality and I am very happy. I’ve attached photos to share with you, my wonderful Customers and friends.

Thoughts now will go to the upcoming SCS Anniversary Sale and Holiday offerings. I want to thank you for your support in making SCS what is has grown to. I also extend my apology for any lateness in responding to email and PM’s during this transition time. We will be back up to speed early next week with timely personal customer service and some great new products we hope you will enjoy.

Sue and Wendy

Wow Sue! That's really nice. You did a good job of translating your thoughts to paper to project. It's always nice to be organized and have everything within reach. Good luck!

Looks great Sue!

I am looking forward to placing an order with you as soon as the Coconut Shave Soap in the stainless steel tin with lid is available.
Can't Wait!
Good Luck with your new "digs"!

Best Regards,

Lawrence

Oh, I am so jealous...!! :thumbup1: What a GREAT JOB!! you can see where everything is!!

Do you have your regular kitchen back now?? Sue, I am THRILLED for you!! Congratulations!

Whoa, that is a lot of exclamation marks...

looks really great! interesting to get a behind the scenes look as well...sort of like peeking into the chocolate factory....

Very nice, Sue! I can't believe the trouble you've gone through, only so you can dedicate an even larger portion of your home to supplying our habits.

I want one of those gallon jugs with the pump-top, filled with Bay Rum w/a Twist!

-Pete

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Congrats to Sue and Wendy! In honour of this occasion (and because I was going to anyhow) tomorrow morning's shave will be a Fairway shave!!

It's all so neat and tidy, and well-organised! We just need a Shave-ninja to sneak into the workshop in 6 months time and take photos of what it really looks like by then!! :ninja:

Top Bottom