What's new

New Rockwell 6S

Greetings All:

I've decided to jump into the Rabbit Hole of DE razors after accepting the fact that straight edges aren't for me. I've been electric my whole life of ~40 years shaving with a few odd cartridge shaves over that time. So, on Monday the 18th I purchased a matte Rockwell 6S directly from Rockwell. I decided to get it directly from Rockwell because of their offer to throw in 100 blades. Granted, the blades may not be the best in the world, but it's a start. Anyway, I haven't seen anything from them since the order acknowledgement and am wondering about how quickly do they ship orders. I've definitely been spoiled by the Amazon instant gratification model.

My question to the Collective is thus: Those of you who have purchased Rockwell razors directly from the manufacturer, how fast have you received your orders?

Thanks!

As soon as it was in stock it was sent. Now you should not have any issues, unless the item is sold out.

Greetings All:

I've decided to jump into the Rabbit Hole of DE razors after accepting the fact that straight edges aren't for me. I've been electric my whole life of ~40 years shaving with a few odd cartridge shaves over that time. So, on Monday the 18th I purchased a matte Rockwell 6S directly from Rockwell. I decided to get it directly from Rockwell because of their offer to throw in 100 blades. Granted, the blades may not be the best in the world, but it's a start. Anyway, I haven't seen anything from them since the order acknowledgement and am wondering about how quickly do they ship orders. I've definitely been spoiled by the Amazon instant gratification model.

My question to the Collective is thus: Those of you who have purchased Rockwell razors directly from the manufacturer, how fast have you received your orders?

Thanks!
I purchased mine from Amazon but that said, Rockwell has a good reputation for customer service. Send them an email or call them and I am sure they can give you more info. I just checked Amazon and they appear to be out of stock so there could be a supply issue. Rockwell was giving a pretty steep discount during the holiday period.

I did notice the black version was out of stock on the website, but the natural (which I wanted anyway) was in stock. Looking right now shows the black is still out but everything else is available. I guess I'm just getting antsy for my new shiny! Thanks for responding gentlemen!

Granted, the blades may not be the best in the world, but it's a start.
I would counsel against starting out with the Rockwell blades as they may well give you the wrong impression of the 6S, in a bad way. The Rockwell blades are generally not well regarded around here, and you can count my vote in the column of detractors. A few folks find them at least acceptable, but many find them to be outright terrible. That's too bad, because the 6S is an outstanding razor. I'll never understand why the Rockwell boys chose to source such lousy blades to pair with their excellent razor. For probably a few pennies more per blade, they could have gotten something much better that would do their razor justice.

I'd suggest picking up a blade sampler pack that includes a few of the more highly regarded blade brands so you can see what the 6S can really do. You wouldn't put cheap tires on that brand new Porsche, would you?:001_cool:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I got mine directly and don’t remember waiting long. Right now shipping / mail seems generally slow so that might be the issue. Congrats in advance. Great purchase.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I would counsel against starting out with the Rockwell blades as they may well give you the wrong impression of the 6S, in a bad way. The Rockwell blades are generally not well regarded around here, and you can count my vote in the column of detractors. A few folks find them at least acceptable, but many find them to be outright terrible. That's too bad, because the 6S is an outstanding razor. I'll never understand why the Rockwell boys chose to source such lousy blades to pair with their excellent razor. For probably a few pennies more per blade, they could have gotten something much better that would do their razor justice.

I'd suggest picking up a blade sampler pack that includes a few of the more highly regarded blade brands so you can see what the 6S can really do. You wouldn't put cheap tires on that brand new Porsche, would you?:001_cool:

I also agree with this opinion.
Rockwell 6s is definitely an excellent razor like a tank, but their blades also give me a confusing experience.

If you want to truly experience the beauty and comfort in the legend of 6s, it is definitely worthwhile to choose other reputable blades on the market, and the price is also cost-effective.

They ship fast, but sometimes they forget to send notification, at least that happened with my razor. Then it had to travel all the way to Europe and then customs in my country got a hold of it. Still I got the razor in 1 month.

I bought mine directly from Rockwell too, late last year; although it was in between lockdowns, it took only ten days to arrive from the US to the UK, via Germany.

Rockwell seem to be pretty receptive to customer enquiries, so I’d drop them an email. Btw, mine came with 105 blades; today I’ve got 105 blades left! They don't seem to match the quality of the razors according to many on B&B.

And believe me, this razor is worth waiting for! 😁 Legend is the right word!

I agree with you on their blades. The blades don't match the quality of the razors. I've had my 6S for a while because I was in on the Kickstarter fund for it. Same for their Model T adjustable TTO. It's a very good razor also but a different animal than the 6S.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I don’t get how their blades can be so bad when the razor is as great as it is. If I was Rockwell I would stop marketing and shipping the blades.

After all the hate thsi blades are getting here I am actually happy they didn't sent that 100 pack with a razor. I jsut got a tuck that comes in the box and never opened it

It took forever to get mine - but only because I pre-ordered the blue before it actually came out

Once they were in stock it was quick

And I reach for it more often than any other modern razor I own

Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate the feedback and your experiences! :001_smile I sent Rockwell a status inquiry yesterday afternoon and received a reply late last night (!) that said they were having problems with parts being backordered with their suppliers. Bummer for me and my quest for instant gratification, but a perfectly reasonable explanation. I'm very appreciative that they gave me an answer. I'm in the manufacturing business, so deal with parts shortages regularly.

I too am surprised by the reports of poor quality of their razor blades. I can see them giving you a handful of cheapo blades to get you started, just like the Chinese batteries typically supplied with most AAA-driven devices, but shipping a hundred? I would think they'd want to protect their brand recognition and the quality associated with their name by stepping up their blade game. I did get a couple sampler packs ordered from Amazon last night, so I'll have some for comparison.

The day before yesterday I had to pick up a prescription and thought I'd pick up some razor blades for backup. Imagine my surprise when I could ONLY find cartridge blades! Not a single double-edged blade to be had in the entire store! Wow... :glare:

Keeping my fingers crossed for your razor to arrive soon.
Concerning the blades...
Order a blade sample or... Concentrate first one one type of blades to get to know the razor first. That can be Astra green maybe or gillette silver blue. IMHO its important not to play with all parameters at the same time.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

@flash75 I agree completely. The most complex problems involve multiple variables. Isolate your variables and if possible, adjust only one at a time until the system has been characterized. Some of the most perplexing results happened to me when I forgot this rule.

Top Bottom