What's new

New Rockwell 6C ..... a sublime shave experience.

I used a brand new Nacet blade and plate 2. I shaved yesterday so not much to shave. I can't grow a thick beard so it gave me a good two pass shave. Tomorrow I will use plate 3. I can see that I will like this razor, feels good in the hand and very smooth.

The Nacet seems to be the perfect blade for the 6C. Stick with this blade as you work through the different plates. As I mentioned a few posts above, I tried the Israeli Red Personna last night, and really liked it too, but not as smooth as the Nacet. Tonight, the IRP with plate #4 --- looking forward to it.

Last evening's shave was with the Israeli Red Personna and plate #R4, and this evening switched up to plate #R5,
again with the IRP. Both shaves were really nice, but it's going to be back to the Nacet for me and my Rockwell.
There's just something about the Rockwell 6C - Gillette Nacet combination that works perfectly for me. Yes, I know that there are still a million blades out there that I can try with the Rockwell, but since I'm so extremely happy with the sublime shave experience that I am enjoying with the Nacet in this wonderful razor, I am staying with this combination. My face feels great ---- final answer !

Last edited:
Last evening's shave was with the Israeli Red Personna and plate #R4, and this evening switched up to plate #R5,
again with the IRP. Both shaves were really nice, but it's going to be back to the Nacet for me and my Rockwell.
There's just something about the Rockwell 6C - Gillette Nacet combination that works perfectly for me.

This morning was plate 3 with the Nacet. I think it was the smoothest shave I have had! When I shave again on Monday I will use plate 4. To say that this is a real nice razor is an understatement.

This morning was plate 3 with the Nacet. I think it was the smoothest shave I have had! When I shave again on Monday I will use plate 4. To say that this is a real nice razor is an understatement.

Bravo Sir ! Good for you.

I have found that with the 6C it doesn't matter which blade i use, i will always get excellent shave. tried it even with feather( very rough in other razors) and had great shave. the 6C is really a masterpiece.

It always amazes me how subjective our shaving preferences are. As a result of the very positive reviews, I purchased the Rockwell 6C from West Coast. This morning I tried it for the first time. I used one of the Rockwell blades enclosed in the box, and I decided to start by using the R3 setting (the third least aggressive on a scale of 1 to 6). This was not a good shave, to say the least. My face felt chafed, I had several weepers (very rare for me), and (most important) I was still stubbly after my usual three passes. I would say that the quality of this shave was as bad as a mediocre electric razor.

I will keep at it to give it a fair test. I'll continue using the Rockwell blades at first, and try different settings (beginning in the more aggressive direction -- R5 next time). After that, I'll use one of my go-to blades (right now, Chrome, Pol Silver, and Kai) as see whether that helps. I never reject a razor until I really test it out. But this was an inauspicious start. Was it the blade, the setting, or something else?

It always amazes me how subjective our shaving preferences are. As a result of the very positive reviews, I purchased the Rockwell 6C from West Coast. This morning I tried it for the first time. I used one of the Rockwell blades enclosed in the box, and I decided to start by using the R3 setting (the third least aggressive on a scale of 1 to 6). This was not a good shave, to say the least. My face felt chafed, I had several weepers (very rare for me), and (most important) I was still stubbly after my usual three passes. I would say that the quality of this shave was as bad as a mediocre electric razor.

I will keep at it to give it a fair test. I'll continue using the Rockwell blades at first, and try different settings (beginning in the more aggressive direction -- R5 next time). After that, I'll use one of my go-to blades (right now, Chrome, Pol Silver, and Kai) as see whether that helps. I never reject a razor until I really test it out. But this was an inauspicious start. Was it the blade, the setting, or something else?

I have heard the Rockwell blades themselves are mediocre like Derby. Try any other blade. I still have only used Astra and Gillette blades in my Rockwell.

I don't have experience with the 6c but my 6s with plate R3 using Gillette Silver Blue or 7OC Green (Russian) is stellar. So much so it's all I've used for the past 8 shaves. Like Zed mentions above definitely switch out the Rockwell blades and try something else. I love those two mentioned and many also rave about the Gillette Nacet (I'll be trying that one next week).

What razor did you use before the 6c?

I have not tried the Rockwell blades, nor do I have any desire to do so. That being said, my Rockwell 6C, with plate R4, with the Gillette Nacet blade, has resulted in the best shave I've ever had.
So, MichaelB, my simple advice to you Sir is to ditch the Rockwell blade and try a really good blade instead.
With a Nacet, or a Feather, or an Israeli Red Personna ---- the sublime shave with the Rockwell 6C awaits you. Enjoy !

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I wonder what about the Rockwell 6's Geometry that makes it so good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My 6c that I received about 3 weeks ago would never give me a decent shave. I tried every plate with all the best blades, feather, kai, Nacet, GSB, etc. It just would not work, the only combo that even came close was plate 6 with a feather but even that was bad. I bought a Timeless Bronze and even with its mild gap I got a very near perfect shave. That that didn't make any sense. I spoke with customer service at Rockwell and we concluded that there could be a issue with my razor and offered a refund or replacement, I sent it back today and upgraded to a 6S, so I really look forward to the arrival of the 6S sometime this coming week. It seems that I am one of a very, very few that could not get a great shave from the 6C. Rockwell customer was really great to deal with. Well we'll see what happens:001_rolle

Yeah black Arks aren't dyed, lol. That's a unique claim, don't think I've heard that one before.

My 6c that I received about 3 weeks ago would never give me a decent shave. I tried every plate with all the best blades, feather, kai, Nacet, GSB, etc. It just would not work, the only combo that even came close was plate 6 with a feather but even that was bad. I bought a Timeless Bronze and even with its mild gap I got a very near perfect shave. That that didn't make any sense. I spoke with customer service at Rockwell and we concluded that there could be a issue with my razor and offered a refund or replacement, I sent it back today and upgraded to a 6S, so I really look forward to the arrival of the 6S sometime this coming week. It seems that I am one of a very, very few that could not get a great shave from the 6C. Rockwell customer was really great to deal with. Well we'll see what happens:001_rolle

Please keep us posted as to your results on your face using your replacement 6c.

I agree. Their customer service is great. I had a handle issue with my 6C gunmetal so they sent me a 2C replacement really fast. Also they reply fast back to my questions. I have the 6c in gun metal, it's a really beautiful chrome plating. It's shaves great too.

The Rockwell blades are nefarious.
I think I read they are manufactured in Bangladesh.
It is funny this razor has a reputation for making a large assortment of blades work , but the rockwell supplied blades have reputation of working in very little.
The best I have read about these blades is from people that love Derby blades.They report things like there "meh" or "just OK".

I have not tried the Rockwell blades, nor do I have any desire to do so. That being said, my Rockwell 6C, with plate R4, with the Gillette Nacet blade, has resulted in the best shave I've ever had.
So, MichaelB, my simple advice to you Sir is to ditch the Rockwell blade and try a really good blade instead.
With a Nacet, or a Feather, or an Israeli Red Personna ---- the sublime shave with the Rockwell 6C awaits you. Enjoy !

I used the Rockwell 6c again this morning: R5 with the Rockwell blade. I had less chafing, no weepers, but, still, an overall poor shave with too much stubble left behind. Tomorrow I will follow your advice and try R4 with one of my go-to blades (probably the Crystal IP). I would to get a "sublime shave" with this razor.

I used the Rockwell 6c again this morning: R5 with the Rockwell blade. I had less chafing, no weepers, but, still, an overall poor shave with too much stubble left behind. Tomorrow I will follow your advice and try R4 with one of my go-to blades (probably the Crystal IP). I would to get a "sublime shave" with this razor.

The Crystal will probably be very similar to the Israeli Red Personna .... your sublime shave awaits ! And try to get your hands on a tuck of Gillette Nacets. For me, it's the ideal blade for the 6C. Happy Shaving Sir !

The Rockwell R5 base plate is the smoothest shave without any razor burn and irritation using the Gillette Nacet, if you guys own a Rockwell razor start using the base plate #R5 along with Gillette Nacet throughout your whole shave is absolutely amazing.

proxy.php

The Rockwell R5 base plate is the smoothest shave without any razor burn and irritation using the Gillette Nacet, if you guys own a Rockwell razor start using the base plate #R5 along with Gillette Nacet throughout your whole shave is absolutely amazing.

proxy.php
+1 and great gif!

Top Bottom