What's new

New production or counterfeit Wizamet super iridium blades

I am pleased to see that 'parfum-luxe' is getting some love. I say this because I recently ordered a box of 250 from this seller and I was taken a little aback by the fact that the box arrived folded over (split in the middle, but still connected), presumably to fit in a smaller box. The individual packets appear to be in perfect shape but, of course, it does raise suspicion when you take delivery of an item in this fashion. I have used a few of the blades since delivery and they are just fine. I am able to get five shaves, comfortably, from these blades. Having said that, I feel the seller should have asked me if splitting the box was okay. I'm thinking I would have probably said please don't do that, or at least, please let me think about this.

I contacted the eBay seller parfum-luxe for some clarifications on the production date of the Wizamet it has for sale, here is his answer:

Hi.
For the symbol 10 its the new packaging.
At the moment we sell production of september 2019.
Regards

Given his answer I wonder, his Wizamet blades were produced a few months ago, is it possible that they are back in production or are they counterfeit?

I'm just putting my two cents worth in and going from memory since I've been using only vintage blades for the last few years but as Polsilver Super Iridiums and Wizamet Iridium Supers were in my regular list of blades and it was commonly understood that they were the same blades just came in tucks of different numbers. Polsilver only in tucks of five and the Wizamets in tucks of ten. They were routinely rumored to be discontinued, which may have been a marketing strategy for all I know, and I for one did not find the Polsilver in the brown box smoother.

I know this from an old post, but do you remember who the seller was that you returned the blades to?

Just an update. I had messaged the seller with pics of the blades I had received compared to pics on their listing which differed as well as some from here, without a reply the seller accepted the return no questions asked.
The only reason I was able to spot the fakes is I thankfully had purchased a set of genuine blades from milogciachez which are in the correct packaging and provide a stellar shave experience compared to the order I had to return to a different seller.
Thank you everyone for the fast reply's and great pics.

Top Bottom