What's new

New wizamet’s… I hope

Hello all.

A few days ago, i recieved a new bunch of iridium supers.
I got them on eBay, from the seller Parfum lux, who i have heard should sell the real deal.

A few things puzzle me, the blades appear to have been made in january this year. I thought the petersburg plant had closed down.
The packaging is a little different too.
I would think these are fakes, however, they shave just as good as my older blades from 2019.
What are your thoughts? Are they real, or by some miracle, well shaving fakes?

The blue color is slightly lighter one the new ones.
Notice the wonky “1” in 2017 on the back of the new ones. Also the new way they put the manufacturing date.

ACAA6231-5939-4A0E-B46B-2F28BF58339D.jpeg
03848D5D-FEC3-40AE-AAAA-4F2893E94E67.jpeg
005F71CB-8763-42DD-99FF-96747A374E82.jpeg
89D88800-B1CF-4A1A-ACF4-1302EBFC9F27.jpeg
1FCF86FD-3ED7-44EA-BA65-90BE762BCEC1.jpeg

FF176EF9-2F76-4D99-B77F-D16A26B279DF.jpeg

Hello all.

A few days ago, i recieved a new bunch of iridium supers.
I got them on eBay, from the seller Parfum lux, who i have heard should sell the real deal.

A few things puzzle me, the blades appear to have been made in january this year. I thought the petersburg plant had closed down.
The packaging is a little different too.
I would think these are fakes, however, they shave just as good as my older blades from 2019.
What are your thoughts? Are they real, or by some miracle, well shaving fakes?

The blue color is slightly lighter one the new ones.
Notice the wonky “1” in 2017 on the back of the new ones. Also the new way they put the manufacturing date.

View attachment 1712019View attachment 1712020View attachment 1712021View attachment 1712022View attachment 1712023

View attachment 1712024

Are the glue dots the same on both blades?

Thank you very much for your reply. What makes you say this? Are there some tell tale things to be aware of, that show they are genuine?
Yes, there are but you need to have seen Gillettes and their fakes for decades. The folding, the printing, the fact there are no spelling errors. You said they shave the same. If they were fake you would feel the difference in a direct comparison, trust me.

Ivan knows his stuff. He compares a lot of blades, including the same blade made in different factories or at different time periods. If he says they are genuine then that would be good enough for me!
That was definately my impression too, i was just curious to see if i could learn something 👍😃

Thank you Ivan, your help is much appreciated!

The box of 250 I got a year or so ago had production dates of 2020. I think I got them from Wizashave.

I picked up 60 from Razor Emporium last month and they have production dates of 2022.

I know I've used a few of the 2020 production, and at least for me they seem to be reminiscent of my Polsilver blades in performance and feel, but I admit I haven't done any real testing on them like Ivan has. I'm not sure I have any really old Wizamets still left put I'll look around.

The box of 250 I got a year or so ago had production dates of 2020. I think I got them from Wizashave.

I picked up 60 from Razor Emporium last month and they have production dates of 2022.

I know I've used a few of the 2020 production, and at least for me they seem to be reminiscent of my Polsilver blades in performance and feel, but I admit I haven't done any real testing on them like Ivan has. I'm not sure I have any really old Wizamets still left put I'll look around.

Yup, 2019/2020 Wizamet feel exactly like the polsilver. 2021 onwards definitely shave differently for me, in a negative way.

I really cant tell any difference whatsoever, its odd how much ymmv when it comes to blades and razors
Shaving is a multivariable function. One cannot come to a sound conclusion by assessing the result of a shave while eliminating all other variables, but two. If you want a consistent result you have to consider all variables and work from there.
The blade does the cutting. If one cuts themselves it can only mean that the blade is sharp and it works as intended: to cut. Don't blame the blade, the singular variable, for the failure of all other variables.
And that is the meaning of YMMV, in this case.
My opinion, anyway.

Top Bottom