What's new

New wizamet’s… I hope

I enjoyed all blades made by PPI while under Gillette leadership. In my opinion, one could never go wrong with any of them. If leadership changed indeed, I expect the product to change as well. I have no doubt here.
Looking forward to the beginning of 2024, when my sabbatical will end, so I can try these new blades. I predict they will be very close, if not identical, in performance with the PPI made blades. These people from Gillette know their job.

I enjoyed all blades made by PPI while under Gillette leadership. In my opinion, one could never go wrong with any of them. If leadership changed indeed, I expect the product to change as well. I have no doubt here.
Looking forward to the beginning of 2024, when my sabbatical will end, so I can try these new blades. I predict they will be very close, if not identical, in performance with the PPI made blades. These people from Gillette know their job.
Sabbatical?
You don't happen to have too many blades? 🤣

I curious if there will be a run of these at the end of the year. My box from parfum lux is from Sept 2022. Interesting to see that the 2023 box is still branded with P&G.

I curious if there will be a run of these at the end of the year. My box from parfum lux is from Sept 2022. Interesting to see that the 2023 box is still branded with P&G.
What else do you expect to see on Iridium -Super blades different than P&G? The Iridium brand is owned by P&G. Even if they move the manufacture to another plant they still will say P&G. If manufacturing keeps at PPI there will be again P&G on the packaging. There is no other possibility.

What else do you expect to see on Iridium -Super blades different than P&G? The Iridium brand is owned by P&G. Even if they move the manufacture to another plant they still will say P&G. If manufacturing keeps at PPI there will be again P&G on the packaging. There is no other possibility.
Yes, but they are moving out of Russia (at least somewhat).

Who told you they are moving out of Russia? There is no such information still. They move some models to other Gillette plants. If they keep their shares in PPI they might keep making certain models which are not for Europe / US. But here is no way the PPI becomes fully Russian owned and keeps making Iridium -Super. As I said the brand is owned by P&G. When they bought the Wizamet plant in Lodz they bought it with all their brands - Polsilver, Iridium, Iridium -Super, Karat.

I've seen this posted several times, what are you basing this on?

P&G did announce in March last year they would reduce their portfolio in Russia, but nothing about exiting.

Here is an article from August 18, stating

"Unilever’s big rival P&G had revealed in March last year that it would reduce its range in the Russian market and would only leave its health and hygiene products in the country. However, recent documents have revealed that P&G’s business still operates and develops in Russia.

In particular, the household chemicals plant, which is the world’s largest producer of detergents for P&G, and the factory for the production of blades and razors for Gillette, continue to trade on the territory
."

But I do wonder if Gillette was already in the process of phasing out Russian DE production in favour of Indian and Chinese production, even before the war. Consider:

a) Ivan posted regarding Gillette 7oclock Super Stainless that were made in China, a brand usually made in Russia. These Chinese produced 7oclocks were manufactured in 2020, before the war started.

b) It seems that DE production was ceased at Gillette's Brazil factory, Gillette DE's for Brazil/Latin America distribution now produced in China. We have seen the introduction in Brazil of the China-produced Gillette Stainless Platinum barber DE's and the appearance of Chinese made Gillette Super Thin Mejorada, which were produced in Brazil. Haven't seen a pic yet of Chinese made Brazil Wilkinsons or Minoras, so can't say for sure.

P&G did announce in March last year they would reduce their portfolio in Russia, but nothing about exiting.

"Unilever’s big rival P&G had revealed in March last year that it would reduce its range in the Russian market and would only leave its health and hygiene products in the country. However, recent documents have revealed that P&G’s business still operates and develops in Russia.

In particular, the household chemicals plant, which is the world’s largest producer of detergents for P&G, and the factory for the production of blades and razors for Gillette, continue to trade on the territory
."

But I do wonder if Gillette was already in the process of phasing out Russian DE production in favour of Indian and Chinese production, even before the war. Consider:

a) Ivan posted regarding Gillette 7oclock Super Stainless that were made in China, a brand usually made in Russia. These Chinese produced 7oclocks were manufactured in 2020, before the war started.

b) It seems that DE production was ceased at Gillette's Brazil factory, Gillette DE's for Brazil/Latin America distribution now produced in China. We have seen the introduction in Brazil of the China-produced Gillette Stainless Platinum barber DE's and the appearance of Chinese made Gillette Super Thin Mejorada, which were produced in Brazil. Haven't seen a pic yet of Chinese made Brazil Wilkinsons or Minoras, so can't say for sure.
Currently we are mostly guessing about blades. My good guess is in early 2024 we will know much more regarding which blade model will be moved to the Asian factories.

."

Interesting. It would be illuminating to see the "recent documents."

My 2016 Polsilvers just arrived. Will give them a run this weekend. I can get them here for about $1.20 a blade, lol. Vintage and lower end cart prices.

In addition, I'll give Permasharps and Nacets another go. If they can beat a Bic, I'll stock up on a hundred or two. Otherwise, I can let that ship sail. A tuck of Russian Rubies is also on the way.

Last edited:
I think both packs are original. I know that production in Russia continues for Arab countries, but it seems that the quality is decreasing day by day. I have 3 different years. The worst ones seem to be the recent ones produced for Arab countries.

I think both packs are original. I know that production in Russia continues for Arab countries, but it seems that the quality is decreasing day by day. I have 3 different years. The worst ones seem to be the recent ones produced for Arab countries.
Well then, it sounds like a three way face off is in order!

Top Bottom