What's new

New poll: What is your favorite kind of shave brush?

What is your favorite kind of shave brush?

• Boar Hair Shaving Brush.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • Horsehair Shaving Brush.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Synthetic Fiber Shaving Brush.

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Pure Badger Hair.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Best Badger Hair.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • (Fine) Super Badger Hair

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • Silvertip Badger Hair.

Votes: 52 38.8%

• Total voters
My progression from left to right went from badger (various) to boar (I think) and as of late synthetic... strangely my YAQI Synthetic which is also the cheapest of the lot by far is my favorite brush

IMG_6232.JPG

My progression from left to right went from badger (various) to boar (I think) and as of late synthetic... strangely my YAQI Synthetic which is also the cheapest of the lot by far is my favorite brush

View attachment 1120345

Very similar experience. Took me a little while to get the hang of the yaqi. But I now find I actually have a hard time shaving with anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said Boars earlier and here they are.

Omega 10098 Pro 26mm
WCS Handle w/Shave Forge 28mm knot
WCS Handle w/Shave Forge 24mm knot
Omega 10066 24mm (Ijust got this one today and used it for my shave today. It was perfect out of the box.)

IMG_4750.jpg

Silvertip Badger, Omega 636 21mm

Surrey boar was my first, one that I still have from the mid 1990's. Bought it when I didn't know much about brushes or anything about the DE hobby, only that a brush helped to exfoliate the skin & prepare the hair for a better shave.

So, my faves in order, of the 3 I own:

Omega silvertip
Surrey boar
Yaqi synth
SOTD 20 4 4.jpg

Got rid of some high-end badgers and replaced them with 5 EUR synthetics from Omega.. Extra budget for razors/soaps I guess! From time to time I do use a Semogue 2-band, can't get a decent lather from boars anymore. Synthetics are so practical and the quality of lather is just better in my opinion.

Top Bottom