What's new

New, non-tallow Tabac reviews go in here

Good question. OP had a great idea.

I never cease to be amazed by the lack of consideration and class, which is demonstrated increasingly on this forum. I remember when most members conducted themselves as gentlemen. It seems as if the B&B of ten years ago was a far more gentlemanly place.
Agreed... It's really unimpressive watching people ignore OP and the topic just so they can argue in circles trying to be right. Clowns like clickety are why we have the ignore mechanic.

Disrespectful

Thanks for trying, Multum.

Last edited:
hypocrisy
1. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour, esp the pretence of virtue and piety

Topic: New, non-tallow Tabac reviews go in here

Hello?

I think we've inadvertently created a rival thread reviewing the New Tabac (some helpful lather shots can be found there).

Anyway I posted a pic of a second test lather I tried today (hand lathered, synthetic brush). Figured I'd include it here too.

20210808_151041.jpg

Lather was slightly less pillowy this time and a bit denser. The property I found most striking was its slickness. I couldn't produce meaningful friction at all between my fingertips when pressed firmly together. Wiped the soap off, and residual slickness was still there. I was impressed.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'll be shaving with the new Tabac from Tuesday through next Sunday.

@JCinPA - Thank you for starting this thread. My impressions of the new tallow-free Tabac will be posted here and also to my journal:

I'll be shaving with the new Tabac from Tuesday through next Sunday.

@JCinPA - Thank you for starting this thread. My impressions of the new tallow-free Tabac will be posted here and also to my journal:

I vote you skip MdC Monday and go straight to Tabac! [emoji6]

What is the basis of your statement
"actually in germany many people think that the new one has better properties"?

Could you pls shoot me a PM providing the links of those german forum posts who prefer the new formula as claimed by you in the other thread?

I haven't found them as of yet. I only could find one positive review (Forum der Rasur). The post reads quite similar to your evaluation, tbh. But maybe this is just a coincidence, who knows?

Thx.
Just for the sake of completion - unfortunately I didn't receive the requested information.

I won't follow up...

This will be very hard to compare blind, as the two versions are very different in color, and scent if it is in fact different, as many are reporting.
I can still do a perfectly good blind comparison, since I have no idea what color the old Tabac was, what color the new Tabac is, what the old Tabac smelled like, or what the new Tabac smells like. I am purposefully avoiding the thread that has pictures so I can't be influenced by it.

I can still do a perfectly good blind comparison, since I have no idea what color the old Tabac was, what color the new Tabac is, what the old Tabac smelled like, or what the new Tabac smells like. I am purposefully avoiding the thread that has pictures so I can't be influenced by it.

If you have both new versions that are different colors and smell different (allegedly), then how can you do a fair “blind” comparison between the two? You plan to cover your eyes and put a clothespin on your nose? lol

Top Bottom