What's new

New member here

Just wanted to say hello as I just joined.I just purchased a Merkur HD classic which arrived today.I am now waiting on my badger brush and soaps to arrive so I can start to expierience a good wet shave!! Has anyone ever used the Col. Conk brushes? if so how are they? The soap I ordered is the classic bran, wanted the Taylor but was running low on funds:frown: How is the classic line of products?....regards..Adam

Adam,

Congratulations on taking the first steps of an enjoyable journey. The HD Classic was my first DE, and still my go-to DE when not using a straight razor. I don't have any experience with the Col. Conk brush, but if you are referring to the soaps from Classic Shaving, those I do have. I have Almond, Sandalwood and Lime. All are great to work with. You'll have to experiment in working up your lather, but you will have to do that with any new product.

Be sure to ask questions and feel free to participate.

Randy

Adam,

Welcome aboard. Not much to say but ditto to Randy. I don't think you'll regret your purchase of Classic soap as by virtually all accounts, it's good stuff.

Let us know how the inaugural shave goes.

-Nick

Adam, great to have you with us. Classic hard soap is terrific stuff, it generates nice, nice lather. I shave with the bay rum one, but I'll probably wind up buying a couple of other kinds as well.

Jeff

I forgot to mention I ordered a tube of that creamo-creme, I used that to shave my head this morn. That is some great stuff!! I am going to continue to use my mach3 onmy head, as I do not want to go there with a DE at this time.I hope my brush and soaps arrive tomorrow as I am anxious to get started:tongue_sm. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as clearing up some razor rash on the neck area? Would witch hazel help?.....regards..Adam

Adam,

Like RR mentioned, Aloe is popular around here. What aftershave products do you have?

For me, the best cure for razor rash is honestly to skip a shave or two and let the skin rest.

-Nick

Nick said:
Adam,

Like RR mentioned, Aloe is popular around here. What aftershave products do you have?

For me, the best cure for razor rash is honestly to skip a shave or two and let the skin rest.

-Nick
Nick right now I am using straight witch hazel, seems to be helping some what...

ASPJ said:
Nick right now I am using straight witch hazel, seems to be helping some what...
Adam,

Witch hazel for me is an integral part of the after-shave routine, but I'd definitely recommend something that brings some moisturizing, razor rash reducing, and protective qualities to the table. Witch hazel alone won't cut it (at least it doesn't for me). What kind of aftershave is best for you really depends on your skin type. There are quite a few reviews in the A/S forum, and you can get a good feel on people's favorites by skimming the Shave of the Day thread(s).

Regards,

-Nick

ASPJ said:
Does anyone have any suggestions as far as clearing up some razor rash on the neck area? Would witch hazel help?.....regards..Adam

Adam,
I too had some serious razor rash and I found that using no pressure and repeated shaving after re-lathering is the key. Rule number one. Only shave lathered skin. It may take me 4 to 5 passes with new later each time, but my face is a smooth as a babies butt when I'm finished.

Top Bottom