What's new

New leather

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
El Paso Saddlery IWB. It fits good, but not quite tight enough without a belt cinched down for me to trust wearing it out by the pond yet. I'll wear it for a bit and see how it does. The .45 should make for a good fishing gun...load two rounds of snake shot for cottonmouths and three rounds of 250 gr. RNFP for wild hogs.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

DSC_0006 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
He has manly britches! Nice holster, by the way!

I think it's gonna do fine with a belt tightening it up a bit. It's not like I'll be wading or in a boat. I'd still hate to drop in in 14 feet of the murky water in the pond where the visibility is about zero and have to dive in and feel around on the bottom for it...there are snappin' turtles in there!

I could always get some leather boot laces and make a hammer thong for it. Easy job.

As you know...even with a 2 1/2 inch duty belt all the things on the Batman utility belt are not light. Mine weighed 15 pounds with everything on it weighed on a Doctor's scale. This .45 only weighs about 34 oz. on my unreliable digital scale, factory specs. have it at 40 oz. A bit lighter than my L frame I carried for years everyday.

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
El Paso Saddlery IWB. It fits good, but not quite tight enough without a belt cinched down for me to trust wearing it out by the pond yet. I'll wear it for a bit and see how it does. The .45 should make for a good fishing gun...load two rounds of snake shot for cottonmouths and three rounds of 250 gr. RNFP for wild hogs.

View attachment 986049

View attachment 986050

Beautiful holster and revolver. What gun is that?

Probably my favorite western comedy film of all time is Maverick (1994). I watched it again for the umpteenth time this past weekend. It got me looking at some Colt SAAs. After I get a 1911 and a .357 revolver, I might have to start looking into a Old West type of.45 LC revolver.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I like it!

And they make CCI .451 shot cartridges, which reloaders (ahem) can customize ... I've made some.

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Beautiful holster and revolver. What gun is that?

Probably my favorite western comedy film of all time is Maverick (1994). I watched it again for the umpteenth time this past weekend. It got me looking at some Colt SAAs. After I get a 1911 and a .357 revolver, I might have to start looking into a Old West type of.45 LC revolver.

It's a Cimarron Old Model P...a very close replica of the 1873 Colt right down to the bulls eye ejector rod head. It has the cylinder pin screw that goes in the front of the frame instead of the push pin on the side of the frame that is in the later ones. My 1894 Colt has the crescent ejector rod head that they used after 1879 due to the Army's concern for holster wear. A new ejector rod with the crescent head is about $8.

$500 is a lot better than $1,200 or so for a new Colt and much better than $2,500 that my original Model P is worth...if you can find a new Colt Model P. The Cimarron seems to be decent quality. I liked Maverick with James Garner and Jack Kelly in it.

Model P 4 3/4" .45 LC

I think I'll try this complete rig to see how it does out fishing before I spend $250-$300 on one of these with extra fancy floral carving and dyed background. 1930 “Austin” Holster – El Paso Saddlery

This one still works well.

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

I like it!

And they make CCI .451 shot cartridges, which reloaders (ahem) can customize ... I've made some.

AA

I'm getting lazy on reloading. I just buy cartidges now. I am interested in the #12 "dust" shot for snakes though.

I really need to drag out the portable reloading bench I made a few years ago.

Top Bottom