What's new

New lather bowl

Found this one at the same place, also $1, as the suribachi I posted about in Seraphims thread. You can see the ridges a little in the picture. No idea who made it or what it was originally for, the only markings on it are the initials TEW on the bottom. It works pretty well, but the much sharper and more defined ridges in the suribachi work better.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not knowing where the other bowl comparison thread might be, all I know is I was using a cereal bowl, very smooth inside and out, and breakable, when I came across a somewhat rough-textured plastic bowl with legs that is similar to what some restaurants around here put salsa in, price -- maybe a dollar. Next time I bowl lather, I'll try it out. In 50-plus years of using mugs, I've broken at least ten, and when I began experimenting with the lathering shaving creams, and wanted more space, bowls were next to give their fragile lives into the care of my clumsy grasp. This one might survive a little longer.

Not knowing where the other bowl comparison thread might be, all I know is I was using a cereal bowl, very smooth inside and out, and breakable, when I came across a somewhat rough-textured plastic bowl with legs that is similar to what some restaurants around here put salsa in, price -- maybe a dollar. Next time I bowl lather, I'll try it out. In 50-plus years of using mugs, I've broken at least ten, and when I began experimenting with the lathering shaving creams, and wanted more space, bowls were next to give their fragile lives into the care of my clumsy grasp. This one might survive a little longer.

If you click on "Seraphims thread" above it will take you to it. I'm firmly convinced that some type of texture or ridges helps build lather.

If you click on "Seraphims thread" above it will take you to it. I'm firmly convinced that some type of texture or ridges helps build lather.
Somehow, I'd overlooked the color change for the text font . . blame it on the vision correction that is in need of an upgrade. Surely I'd have noticed it with new glasses; that's my story and I'll stick to it.

That's the ticket mate!!! Impovise and Overcome!! I love the idea of buying what you need but not spending the family fortune, any Wet-Shaver would do a great job of lather making in a bowl like that and have money left over for more soap and razors!!

Well Done!

That's the ticket mate!!! Impovise and Overcome!! I love the idea of buying what you need but not spending the family fortune, any Wet-Shaver would do a great job of lather making in a bowl like that and have money left over for more soap and razors!!

Well Done!

+1 (and money for more brushes to use in the new bowl)

Top Bottom