What's new

New Improved Version of Ri Mei/Sodial Razor

Mine arrived earlier this week and this is what I got from a vendor on Amazon

proxy.php

proxy.php

For £1.86 including postage I'm impressed with what has arrived. The finish on it is very nice indeed and the head on it is almost exactly the same as on my Tech. I tried it with a Rapira Super Stainless blade and it gave a nice, smooth shave with no problems at all, just like my Tech.

Well I just ordered one from
Kiki mall
It's for a starter "kit" Xmas gift I am putting together for a friend for her husband. I hope it's a good one
It's description says metal handle
"In" the details and "in" the main title description
Another sodial razor on amazon
Says plastic handle in the title description but metal in the detailed description......i bought one in January and got the 4 piece. I don't care if it is 3 or 4 piece I just want a good one.

I bought the NEW handle model as shown in the picture of eBay advertising but unfortunately UXCELL seller sent me old model by mistake.

I sent a complain and I am waiting for the answer.

I'll have to revise my post. I've had five shaves since I posted. Yes, the razor I received was ugly with poor plating, and was slightly crooked. Since the handle is thin, and the lines are only crosshatched in a few places (observe OZZIEDOC's photos of the RiMei), it's a little slippery when soapy. But... it does what I wanted it to do, and that was to shave with and test the waters of DE. The Chinese blade that came with it was junk, but I picked up some Schnucks store brand USA Stainless razors (re-branded ASR, I think). My trepidation, along with the mildness of the razor, seemed to work well enough. Today I had the best shave yet, with a decent three passes. I will definitely be looking for something nicer, but that was the intention all along. I'd say it works well to give to a friend to try, and you can't beat it for shaving on the cheap. It's kind of a shame they chose the price point they did, because I wonder what they would have turned out for $6 instead of $2? Maybe for $8 they could do a copy of a fat-handled Tech?

Since part of my reasoning is to actually enjoy shaving for the first time of my life, I think I'll splurge and go spend $20 on ebay or on a Maggard. :biggrin1:

Daedpa, which company did you order from? Was it under the Sodial name, or one of the other names, such as Silvertone or RiMei? Knowing this will help people who want the new version to know who to order from and who not to order from.

I have tried twice to buy the Sodial/Rimei razor from Amazon vendors. The first order was with Maxs Mega Store Front. That order was never received, but after waiting about 2 months from when they claimed it had shipped from Hong Kong, I was at least able to get a refund through Amazon. Looking, after the fact, at that vendor's seller ratings, it appears that many people never receive their orders

On a second try, I used ZGCC, which seemed to get better ratings. The shipment from them arrived in only about 2 weeks, but unfortunately they shipped a Junjie razor instead of the Rimei that was ordered. The Junjie's head design differs quite a bit from Rimei brand (at least from what I can tell in pictures) and seems to be an inferior product.

I'm not sure if I'll try again or not, but I would love to find one of the Amazon vendors who (1) actually ship the product and (2) ship the product that was ordered.

I've been lurking on this site for a while, and thought I'd chime in. I just received my SODIAL razor from amazon today, and have to say I'm disappointed. I'm a complete newbie to safety razors, and thought I'd try something cheap before committing. I ordered from a vendor called COCO Fed Inc for the whopping price of $2.04. For that price, what do you expect, except that I was hoping to have the same luck as others mentioned. I was hoping that ordering one called SODIAL would give me the good one. Mine was identical to OZZIEDOC's, the RiMei one, an all metal three piece. Only.... mine didn't even come with a package, only some foam wrap taped together. The head is labled Junjie, and it came with a Tian Fu blade. The finish is poor, and the head was crooked (which I managed to bend mostly straight). The blade gap is different on each side, but at least they seem "mostly" even. I managed to shave with it using extreme care, and extra prep, and didn't cut myself, so that's something.

On my second try from the Hong Kong vendors on Amazon (the first order was never received) I also received a Junjie razor, as opposed the the Sodial/Rimei razor that appears on the Amazon site. The Junjie appears to me to be a totally different product than the Rimei. Not only is the handle of a different design, but the head is made out of very thin metal and has no posts on the bottom plate to mount/align the blade. In addition the Safety Bars are at about a 90 degree angle from the rest of the bottom plate, leaving the blade more or less just sticking straight out on both sides. I'm not sure what the purpose of the Safety Bars is, unless it's to scrape the soap/foam off of your face in advance of the blade.

I decided to try the Junjie out today with an Astra blade and it was pretty brutal. It reminded me of what it might feel like to try to shave with a raw double edged blade, if that were possible (maybe holding the blade with a pair of pliars). I pity the unfortunate men who might live in a place where the only availabe razor is a Junjie. If I were in that situation, I would either never shave again in my life or maybe consider defecting to another country and ask for asylum based on the dangers of having no choice but shaving with the Junjie in my native country.

I think all this proves is that it's pot luck what you get from a Chinese vendor. I don't think it matters if it's eBay or Amazon because even with Amazon you're dealing with third party vendors in Asia, not Amazon Prime.

Like I said before. It's pot luck :)

I ordered six and all of them were the good ones (one 4 piece and five 3 piece). Here are the three sellers that were involved with my orders. Note that Fair Top took over a month to receive...
Cyber Style
Moving
Fair Top

I just ordered a Sodial from Panda Town (Amazon) based on the 1st page of the thread. Perhaps I should have continued reading before ordering. But for $2 and change, I'm not really worried. I'd love to get a decent travel razor I don't care much about.

Ahhhhh poooo.
I looked on amazon the other day
and did not see panda town as a seller option.
I was also looking at it 3 times over 4 hours...kid is more important. The price fluctuated from $2.01-2.24. The night before panda town was an option. I hope Kiki mall works out well.

Ahhhhh poooo.
I looked on amazon the other day
and did not see panda town as a seller option.
I was also looking at it 3 times over 4 hours...kid is more important. The price fluctuated from $2.01-2.24. The night before panda town was an option. I hope Kiki mall works out well.

Strangely enough, I received an email from Amazon stating the razor was shipped. The link in the email took me to the page from a different seller. So who the heck knows what I'm getting?

I got a crap Junjie Razor from Coco Fed on Amazon. It has a decent handle but the cap/baseplate are junk. I dont even want to try using this thing. The corners of the baseplate are sharp, the cap doesnt fit down on the baseplate very tightly (rattles when tightened but no blade in), there are no pins to aid in lining up the blade, etc. I was hoping for decent one. I ordered a Sodial and received this Junjie. IMO they are different based upon what others have received.

I got a crap Junjie Razor from Coco Fed on Amazon. It has a decent handle but the cap/baseplate are junk. I dont even want to try using this thing. The corners of the baseplate are sharp, the cap doesnt fit down on the baseplate very tightly (rattles when tightened but no blade in), there are no pins to aid in lining up the blade, etc. I was hoping for decent one. I ordered a Sodial and received this Junjie. IMO they are different based upon what others have received.

Well you can return it. Amazon will likely stand with you. But for $2 it might just be easier to eat it.

I ordered a cell phone on Amazon and received a cheap knock-off. Since it was about $80 I pressed for a refund. The vendor had the nerve to reply "For that price, what did you expect?". Ha! Amazon refunded my money and in a few weeks I got another check from the vendor.

Well you can return it. Amazon will likely stand with you. But for $2 it might just be easier to eat it.

I ordered a cell phone on Amazon and received a cheap knock-off. Since it was about $80 I pressed for a refund. The vendor had the nerve to reply "For that price, what did you expect?". Ha! Amazon refunded my money and in a few weeks I got another check from the vendor.

Just for giggles I started the return process. It is technically not the correct item considering I was supposed to receive a Reimei or Sodial. The listing even said "Sodial" in the title. I dont care if the return/refund process goes through....I just wanted to see if they will send the new version. If this handle will fit Tech heads/caps then I will just keep an eye out for a parts or incomplete tech and use this handle. I will most likely try to order from one of the vendors that other members have used and gotten the correct version. I mainly wanted a cheap razor for traveling since I dont want to lose any of my vintage GEMs or Gillettes. No hard feelings to the vendor. I just wanted to post that the Junjie version is almost unusable. I tried it tonight and quit after the WTG pass.

Just for giggles I started the return process. It is technically not the correct item considering I was supposed to receive a Reimei or Sodial. The listing even said "Sodial" in the title. I dont care if the return/refund process goes through....I just wanted to see if they will send the new version. If this handle will fit Tech heads/caps then I will just keep an eye out for a parts or incomplete tech and use this handle. I will most likely try to order from one of the vendors that other members have used and gotten the correct version. I mainly wanted a cheap razor for traveling since I dont want to lose any of my vintage GEMs or Gillettes. No hard feelings to the vendor. I just wanted to post that the Junjie version is almost unusable. I tried it tonight and quit after the WTG pass.

If I get a decent spare handle for my $2 I will be thrilled.

Since part of my reasoning is to actually enjoy shaving for the first time of my life, I think I'll splurge and go spend $20 on ebay or on a Maggard. :biggrin1:

You will not regret ordering from Brad & Casie. The razors are high quality, and they are super helpful. The heads are on the mild side of medium.

Top Bottom