What's new

New Improved Version of Ri Mei/Sodial Razor

Ordered 3 of the Sodial marked ones from Panda Town and got 3 of the RIMEI red/white packaged ones. They're great!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A7239EK/ref=cfb_at_prodpg

Sadly, they're now not a current seller. I have emailed them to ask if they will be selling more later. If so, I'm going to get 3 or more as gifts.

Previously, I ordered 1 of the silver tone ones from Beautiful Life and got the junjie piece of junk. Besides for the quality difference, the guards were bent. The handle is rough but it might mate well with the rimei head providing a better grip. The rimei ones on the new model are a bit slippery.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050HO9MI/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Though, both the junjie and RIMEI (new) razor have pretty thin bottom plates. I suspect either would get bent if you were to drop the razor onto something hard.

These make good gifts or travel razors but I'd never buy one for long term constant use.

Last edited:
I love this thread...

I actually ordered the sodial, from the shipper "sodial" way back in dec before I found this.
The shipping window closes in a few days... where is it?

Hope I get a good one! (If I even get one...)

I ordered again from imports247. got the new rimei 3 piece razor. So it seems to me if you take anything from this thread its that both imports247 and panda town are honorable seller on amazon that will deliver the good rimei. might be best to ingore other amazon sellers.

So I just received my package, and I got a the new re,mi 3 piece with the red box! I was so happy!
My seller was directly from Sodial.

I love the way it looks and feels, it could easily pass for a $40+ razor! Has a nice heft to it.
The blade it comes with is not worth it, all I can say is there are better options.

I just ordered 5 more, for gifts and so I have an extra!

i got a rimei in a red/grey/white cardboard/plastic package.. it looks aggressive.. i shaved with it today and had a very good shave with Arko.. definitely going to use this as my travel razor.

I purchased one of these through Amazon for $2.67 shipped. It took almost a month to arrive and the packaging was plastic with a cardboard backing. It was a four piece with a knob that unscrews at the bottom of the handle. I have been shaving with a '54 Super Speed for the 6 months that I have been DE shaving and I have been quite happy with it. I opened up a fresh Feather tried my RiMei for the first time today and I was shocked. The shave was much closer than I have been getting with the Super Speed. I am assuming that this is due to the much larger blade gap. I also had no irritation or cuts. For $2.67, this is an incredible deal. I can't imagine that this thing will last for the long haul, but I may just buy several more and pull out a new one as they break. I am sure that there is an expensive razor out there that will give as good or better shaves, but I can't imagine a shave that is much better and I can't justify spending a bunch of money right now for a small difference in shave quality.

RiMei rocks!

Last edited:
Did you order from five different vendors?

No.....

I love this thread...

I actually ordered the sodial, from the shipper "sodial" way back in dec before I found this.
The shipping window closes in a few days... where is it?

Hope I get a good one! (If I even get one...)

I hope you have better luck than I did thats where I ordered my 5 from and I got the crappy junjie razors. I hope they come through for you. THey did refund my money but id rather have the 5 decent razors! Good luck man!

I just got mine from niceEshop on Amazon. Took bloody ages to get here but I got the new style.
Going to test it out tomorrow morning w/ an Astra SP.

The vendor has actually raised their prices from 1.99 to 99.99 - eliminating me from being a repeat buyer.

The shipping package listed 0.00 as the shipping charges. I wonder if the Chinese gov't subsidizes it.

Apparently, the price has jumped. PandaTown is now selling the razor for $4.01 and the description in the body of the ad says "plastic handle" but at the top of the ad it says "all metal handle." not sure what to make of this. I'm glad I got mine way back when I did. I suppose the price is still low enough to take a gamble, but I'd be less inclined unless I knew for certain it at least had an all metal handle. I have sent PandaTown an email to see if they are selling a razor with an all metal handle or a plastic handle. I will post when I get an answer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom