What's new

New guy going DE to save face

Hello all,

I have been lurking around these parts for quite awhile (thanks to your glorious RSS feed), and thought I should finally take a moment to introduce myself and give this DE shaving a shot.

I have very sensitive skin, and I am hoping that ditching my cartridge razor and treating my face and neck better will improve. Right now I absolutely dread shaving, and I am looking to change that. :blushing:

You all have a wonderful forum here, and you should be proud of how you present yourself. I admin a forum where I work, and I would love to have such an engaged and helpful base of members. Keep doing what you are doing! :thumbup1:

While I'll probably spend most of my initial time checking out all the advice for newbies and looking for recommendations for sensitive skin, I look forward to getting to know you better and making some contributions of my own.

If you have any questions, feel free to fire them my way. Have an amusing day,

Dave

Welcome to the B&B, Dave! Switching to traditional wetshaving helped my skin immensely. Hopefully it does the same for you. Thanks for the kind words about our forum, I hope you decide to stay a while!

Welcome to B&B.
Just take it slow, get the angle right, and NO pressure. You'll soon be appreciating the advantages of DE shaving.

David:thumbup1:

Just FYI, if you're focusing on results then prep, technique and quality products will do the most for your skin. The actual razor you use is much less important.

Do, do, do read and learn before you shave. I did not and hated it. Now that I've taken my time and actually paid attention to the advice on techniues, tools, and products, my shaves are comfortable.

Good luck!

Welcome to B&B!

I came to wet shaving for the same reason you did, and my advice is to map your beard, and really good prep (see kyles prep in the stickies for more info).

Good luck and enjoy the shaves.

Welcome to DE and B&B Dave! I am a recent (3 months) convert to DE shaving and have sensitive skin too. My skin is in MUCH better shape since I began wet shaving and believe it or not I actually look forward to the 20-25 minutes I spend on shaving each morning.

Take your time, read a lot and ask questions and I'm sure you will have a great journey. As you already mentioned the folks on B&B are the best! Happy shaving!

Bruce

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I have been scribbling notes like a madman and have watched most of Mantic's videos.

I even had dreams about shaving last night, which was a very weird first for me. :lol: Time to continue researching products for sensitive skin, huh?

Dave

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I have been scribbling notes like a madman and have watched most of Mantic's videos.

I even had dreams about shaving last night, which was a very weird first for me. :lol: Time to continue researching products for sensitive skin, huh?

Dave

At this point, the best thing you can is to not stress over it too much. You have minimal shaving skills, so whatever you use will work poorly at first and then get better over time. Once you've figured out the basics of lather, pressure and angle, you'll be able to try other products and make intelligent decisions about personal preferences.

Top Bottom