What's new

New for me razors

IMG_1262.jpeg

I rec’d these in exchange for some blacksmithing work. Have no idea if these are worth anything; got to figure out how to even search. anyway, thought I’d post some new bits of steel on the shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpeg
    IMG_1261.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1260.jpeg
    IMG_1260.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1259.jpeg
    IMG_1259.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1258.jpeg
    IMG_1258.jpeg
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1255.jpeg
    IMG_1255.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42

Legion

Staff member
View attachment 1760975

I rec’d these in exchange for some blacksmithing work. Have no idea if these are worth anything; got to figure out how to even search. anyway, thought I’d post some new bits of steel on the shelf.
We can't give valuations here, but I guess looking for the same model/brand on ebay is a place to start. Also you can run a search here. You might find some that have been sold in the past on BST. But remember, with razors condition is everything.

Those look in pretty good shape, though. If you were wanting to get into SR shaving you could do a lot worse than those as razors to learn with.

We do not quote valuation or prices because it is very subjective and as said condition dictates the value, to the buyer. Some razors are more collectable than others and there are millions of razors in the wild.

These razors are quality razors that would make great shavers, but are not super collectable, all need a good cleaning and honing, a couple have issues that would decrease the value.

As said an eBay search of Sold razors will give you an idea of valuation. Should you choose to shave with them we can advise you on how to clean and hone them.

The second razor that says Extra Best Silver Steel on the blade and 333 on the tang, can’t make out the stamps, may be in the very early stages of Cell Rot. That little black squiggle on the blade is an early indicator of Cell Rot. Also, that scale type is susceptible to off gassing, the clear and white parts get cloudy, become brittle, shrink and crack as those have at the pin.

If you store them, store that one in a separate plastic bag or container. If it off gasses it can contaminate and eventually eat them all.

They're worth absolutely nothing! As a favor to you I will give you $25 + shipping just to free you of the burden of having them!

Seriously, Torrey razors aren't collectible per se, but that is a higher end Torrey. Most people don't realize what the dixie razor is (only brand I know of that's American made outside of the NY/PA or Ohio area), and I can attest they are excellent steel (if a touch soft). ERN razors used to be a dime a dozen, but folks have taken notice that they are top tier razors so even the basic crown and swords are worth a good bit more today than 5 years ago. That one is not a basic model, and it's in good shape. The Clauss is good to go, too, but I don't have one personally to provide experience on.

I couldn't tell what the other razor was. Based on the 4 I recognized, and their condition... I don't know how much blacksmithing work it cost but I would devote a days time in specialized labor to acquiring them.

Top Bottom