What's new

New Charcoal Goods SS DE?

Charcoal Goods posted a production update in March that included:

Stainless will return at a later date along with a completely new Stainless DE (double edge) complete razor mid-summer

Do we know anything about that?

I would guess a slant razor.

But I am hoping for a redesigned "conventional" DE head. I love the CG OC I have now, but if he releases a head that holds the blade more rigidly, I would love to pick one up.

Agree on the polished. I really like the antique options they have in brass and copper, but for SS I like polished. As for the re-design, more rigidity seems to be low hanging fruit in terms of making people happy without giving much / anything up in exchange. I'm working my way through the waiting list, but haven't shaved with any CG razors, so I can't comment on areas for improvement.

I felt the Charcoal Goods level 1 was almost the perfect razor for me, the only issue I had was since the middle of the top has a high peak and the safety bar sit out a good bit it was really tough getting under the nose. That’s the only improvement it needs imo, very comfortable the most comfortable razor I’ve tried to date, efficient and good blade feel.

My Charcoal Goods Level 2 SB is the best razor in my arsenal. I hope they bring back Stainless Steel!

I can not disclose what I know as that is up to Brian to announce the details but I will say there will be a new DE razor. It won’t be a slant as he has put that design along with some others on the back burner. At least for now. Look towards the end of summer for the new DE

Update on his instagram and on his website a few weeks ago. The design is done and production should start in January. There is what he is calling a rendering. I guess that is a computer drawing so I don't know if it shows what the finish will be, but you can see the design anyway.

Charcoal Goods is my favourite razor and the only knock I have with it is that it’s not a polished or even brushed finish, but I’m just not a fan of the look of the bead blast. Would love for him to replace the bead blast with a brushed look.

Top Bottom