What's new

New Cella containers ( Aluminum ??? )

True crema or a solid soap ?... Container looks metallic , but could be plastic .....
Screenshot 2023-12-24 185427.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-24 185412.jpg

It looks like a new product line from Cella made for barbershops and salons. Containers are all aluminum with 300ml of soft soap. Priced higher than traditional Cella. Different scents like Sandalwood and Fresh.
Wow, priced higher indeed. An Italian beauty products store lists (all shown as on sale):
Cella regular soap 150ml €4.85
Cella regular soap 1000ml €15.90
Cella Professional soap 300ml €36

So you could buy one 300ml of the Professional or buy 2000ml of the regular and get some change back...seems like a tough sell.

Cella Professional soap, via Google translate:
"Innovative textures, such as water gel and ultra-light consistency, make the application of the cream extremely pleasant. The formula was created for high protection and exceptional comfort for your skin."

Wow, priced higher indeed...

So you could buy one 300ml of the Professional or buy 2000ml of the regular and get some change back...seems like a tough sell.

It's very expensive compared to the Cella we are used to, but I think they must be going after a different customer, someone who might be interested in artisan soaps.

If you do the math, 300g of Barrister&Mann or similar artisan soaps would be more than $50. 300g of Stirling would be a bit more than $25. So the "artisan" version of Cella is more or less between those price points.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I don't understand this. Let us assume that this new version of Cella is superior to the original but is intended for barber use. Surely the superior version is the one that should be sold in smaller quantities, directly to the user, to use regularly at home. To my mind, the apparently inferior product should be sold in bulk to barbers for use during occasional barber shop visits, since we should use the 'best' product more frequently than the inferior version. It is from the Gillette school of product development and reminds me of the discontinued Proraso Single Blade line - "so much better than the rubbish we have been selling to you for the last 50 years"; I suspect it will end the same way.

On second thought, it looks like the Marketing Department at Cella has actually been taken over by lunatics...

1703498892472.png

$80 for a pint of pre-shave gel? What planet are they on?

Ingredients: Snake Oil

This is the same company that sells a kilogram of shave soap for under $20 in Italy?

Last edited:
Wow, priced higher indeed. An Italian beauty products store lists (all shown as on sale):
Cella regular soap 150ml €4.85
Cella regular soap 1000ml €15.90
Cella Professional soap 300ml €36

Cella Professional soap, via Google translate:
"Innovative textures, such as water gel and ultra-light consistency, make the application of the cream extremely pleasant. The formula was created for high protection and exceptional comfort for your skin."
WAY too high !!

Hello,

If the diameter of the container is larger it would be very good! Depending on the size of the brush it can be a little bit difficult to get into the current container. But I also understand that the current one might be the classical one associated to the cella experience.

Hello,

If the diameter of the container is larger it would be very good! Depending on the size of the brush it can be a little bit difficult to get into the current container. But I also understand that the current one might be the classical one associated to the cella experience.

You can just transfer the soft Cella soap to another container pretty easily. I use a 90mm diameter container which gives lots of room to load the brush.

No need to spend 36 euros for that! :blink:

These guys deserve the benefit of the doubt.

This is one of the only old school shave soap companies I know of who didn't get rid of their tallow soap when they made a non-tallow version.
The tallow version is vastly superior to the non-tallow version.

If these new version contain tallow then they could really open Cella up to more people that did not like the scent of the original Cella.
I would be keen to try these soaps if that is indeed the case but if they are the non-tallow formula then you can count me out.

The tallow version is vastly superior to the non-tallow version.

If these new version contain tallow then they could really open Cella up to more people that did not like the scent of the original Cella.
I would be keen to try these soaps if that is indeed the case but if they are the non-tallow formula then you can count me out.

The tallow version does a superior job of going rancid before you can even finish it, and irritating people who are sensitive to the almond fragrance chemical used. The veg version does not have either problem and I'm fine with the performance. Used it today, in fact.

Tallow is just a source of fat. There's no magic in it. Good soaps can be made with or without it.

Top Bottom