What's new

New budget Simpson synthetic: Trafalgar

Have just received the t3 synthetic today and it is very dense, compared to my Haryali Silvertip the t3 is almost a little hard 😅 the tips are amazing and so soft! I bought a stand with the brush and D’OH 🙈 the opening is to tight (relax guys) in this case it is a bad thing. Oh well, I could fix that with my grinding mashine 😇 Last thing, holy monkey this baby can make some lather 😱🇩🇰🤘🏻

F83019F9-A646-42DF-89DF-A405DFEC52AE.jpeg

Have just received the t3 synthetic today and it is very dense, compared to my Haryali Silvertip the t3 is almost a little hard 😅 the tips are amazing and so soft! I bought a stand with the brush and D’OH 🙈 the opening is to tight (relax guys) in this case it is a bad thing. Oh well, I could fix that with my grinding mashine 😇 Last thing, holy monkey this baby can make some lather 😱🇩🇰🤘🏻

View attachment 1060270
7EEA246E-D7E7-41E5-8833-CD5FA87464F4.jpeg

Hi guys, this is my first synthetic brush and I find it a bit difficault to make thick enough lather? Do synthetics use less wather? I can nail the lather 100/100 times with my old silvertip?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hi guys, this is my first synthetic brush and I find it a bit difficault to make thick enough lather? Do synthetics use less wather? I can nail the lather 100/100 times with my old silvertip?

I rinse my brush, squeeze out the water, shake and then load the brush with soap.

I start with less water and add drops as needed.

Works for face or bowl lathering.

Just my opinion.

I received my Trafalgar T2 this week. I'll have to use it a bit more to make a final verdict, but I'm super impressed so far, especially for the price. I love how it's a low loft, but not too springy. It feels pretty dense (not Chubby dense), which is probably due to the low loft. The tips are very soft, too. It has a great handle and I love the overall appearance of the brush.

The Trafalgar has earned a spot on the shelf with my other two favorites. For size comparison, the brush on the left is a Shavemac Silvertip 22x48 knot set in a Vulfix Grosvenor handle. Of course, the Chubby on the right needs no introduction, but I will clarify that mine has a loft of 50mm since I know some of the older ones are set higher.

fullsizeoutput_b52.jpeg

I just got the T3. Everything J-MN said is still true for this brush, except it's bigger, denser, thicker with more backbone. Makes quick work of any cream or soap. Excellent brush for face painting, if you're into that, of course. Just don't let it be too wet when you start lathering, squeeze the water out, then add water gradually once you pick up enough cream or soap from the tub/mug. Otherwise, it's going to be a wet mess.

I just got the T3. Everything J-MN said is still true for this brush, except it's bigger, denser, thicker with more backbone. Makes quick work of any cream or soap. Excellent brush for face painting, if you're into that, of course. Just don't let it be too wet when you start lathering, squeeze the water out, then add water gradually once you pick up enough cream or soap from the tub/mug. Otherwise, it's going to be a wet mess.

After using the T2, I'm planning on getting the T1 & T3, too.

Good idea. They are not very expensive and would be good to have different sizes for different situations, right? They are handsome brushes too, love those handles.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
How do the new budget brushes compare to the much more expensive Chubby 2 synth in terms of performance? I suspect the method of handle manufacture is different, as apparently is the fibre. I wonder if the Trafalgar brush will affect the sales of the Chubby which seems to have become more expensive lately, or maybe I have imagined that.

How do the new budget brushes compare to the much more expensive Chubby 2 synth in terms of performance? I suspect the method of handle manufacture is different, as apparently is the fibre. I wonder if the Trafalgar brush will affect the sales of the Chubby which seems to have become more expensive lately, or maybe I have imagined that.

With the T range getting such good feedback at such an affordable price are all the other synthetics at Simpson’s have a much greater mark up? and make them not such good value?????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There are two takes:

Will it hurt the sales of the more expensive others?

Or make you want to buy your first Simpson, possibly moving on to the higher end ones?

I got a brush yesterday and I want one of these now! o_O

AA

Very true - always looking for the next brush and my 3 brushes are all Simpson’s BB,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom