What's new

new blades in the mail today

I've been using mostly Feather blades (with a few Derby Green blades thrown in) for the past 15 years. I finally decided to put together a sampler and these were delivered today. What do you think about these?

IMG_5445 - Copy.jpg

The 7 am plat is a nice blade. Personnas are Personnas, I could live with no other blade just fine.

All of those should be great. Watch for razor/blade match -- the Kai are a little wider than standard, and in my experience Nacet are a bit narrow (pulled for me in a Tech). Could have been technique, it was the third or fourth blade I used.

They are all very good blades.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
The 7am I haven't used

BIC Chrome Platinum is an excellent blade, as sharp as a Feather but smoother after the first couple of shaves and very long lasting

Nacet, I know many rave about these but I found them to be a decent middle of the road blade but nothing special

Astra SP a very good blade lasts a bit longer than the Nacet, but the Astra SS (blue) is sharper and longer lasting

Perma Sharp another good middle of the road blade

Kai slightly wider than other blades it can give a bit of extra blade feel. It is also as sharp as a Feather blade and lasts very well

Personna that particular Personna blade I think is the same as the Personna Comfort Coated. When I first used them I found them very uncomfortable and haven't used them since though I plan to revisit them this year. I find the German Personna Platinum much better, but my favourite is the Med-Prep.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The 7am I haven't used

BIC Chrome Platinum is an excellent blade, as sharp as a Feather but smoother after the first couple of shaves and very long lasting

Nacet, I know many rave about these but I found them to be a decent middle of the road blade but nothing special

Astra SP a very good blade lasts a bit longer than the Nacet, but the Astra SS (blue) is sharper and longer lasting

Perma Sharp another good middle of the road blade

Kai slightly wider than other blades it can give a bit of extra blade feel. It is also as sharp as a Feather blade and lasts very well

Personna that particular Personna blade I think is the same as the Personna Comfort Coated. When I first used them I found them very uncomfortable and haven't used them since though I plan to revisit them this year. I find the German Personna Platinum much better, but my favourite is the Med-Prep.
Yes, the Astra SS is superior to the SP in my opinion, on my incredibly handsome face!

I'm fairly new into DE shaving, and the only blade I tried in your collection is the Astra SP, which is not working too good for me 😅 I think I want the blade to be a bit sharper - but as always: YMMV

Top Bottom