What's new

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've been enabled by Jim and you.. I just love the SV brushes. I have one more on the way.... that will be it though, but only because I didn't find another handle that grabs me unless I pay way more than I'd like at the SV Italian site.

And I wound up with a severe case of razor acquisition disorder. A Blackland Vector, Blackland Sabre L1 and finally a Stirling SS-ST.

But, it’s all good.
i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together-meme.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 196 of 197 = 99.5%
Blackland Brotherhood
High Efficiency July 2022
20220716_215150~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Cu/Al Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Brush: @Graydog Chess (TNS 26mm Silver Synth)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Shannons Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

The Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird is a superb top tier razor! :thumbup:
20220716_215337~2.jpg

The Graydog Chess is a wonderful brush. The handle is very comfortable in my hand and the TNS Silver Synth knot builds a wonderful lather. Great brush! :thumbup:

Shannons Soaps Barbershop has great initial and residual slickness. Nice lather! Excellent soap! :thumbup:
20220716_215216~2.jpg

Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave followed with Cuba Orange EdT is a wonderful combination that is very pleasant and refreshing! :thumbup:

Superb top tier shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 197 of 198 = 99.5%
Blackland Brotherhood
Single Edge Sunday
20220717_122335~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Cu/Al Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Zebra Stripe (Shavemac 24mm D01 3-Band Silvertip Fan)
Lather: Shannons Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

Kind of hard to put into words how awesome the @Blackland Razors Vector SB works for me. Every shave with the Vector is efficient, smooth and highly (very highly) effective. The Vector is also extremely nimble & maneuverable. It gets through all of the nooks and crannies of my face comfortably and very effectively. The Vector is a superb top tier razor and my Top Alpha Big Dog! :thumbup:
20220717_122420~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey White Zebra Stripe (Shavemac 24mm D01 3-Band Silvertip Fan) is an outstanding brush! Love this handle! :thumbup:
20220716_215216~2.jpg

Same soap, aftershave and fragrance as yesterday. A wonderful combination that is very pleasant and refreshing! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20220718

No shave today. Got busy with family and other stuff. Just too darn tired last night to shave.

365 Shaves in 2022: 197 of 199 = 99.0%

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Back in the saddle again..... :shaving:

365 Shaves in 2022: 198 of 200 = 99.0%
Blackland Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
20220719_150109~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Cu/Al Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Lather: Cyril R Salter Wild Rose
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray

The Vector is a superb top tier razor and my Top Alpha Big Dog! :thumbup:
20220719_150006~2.jpg

@Rudy Vey's 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF) checks all the right boxes for me. Fantastic brush! :thumbup:

Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose is excellent! Great lather, slickness and post-shave face feel! :thumbup:
20220719_145829~2.jpg

Bootlegger's El Dorado is an outstanding aftershave. Wonderful scent. Feels great! Followed with Belcam Volatile EdT Spray before heading out - love this stuff. El Dorado + Volatile = a wonderful and very satisfying combination! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 199 of 201 = 99.0%
Blackland Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
20220719_150109~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (3)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)

This kit works together so beautifully that I decided to use the same kit (and pictures ;)) again today! :thumbup:

Some general musings on this kit:
  • The Vector is my Top Alpha Big Dog for a reason. Every shave is consistently superb! Daily Driver! :thumbup:
  • I could use the @Rudy Vey's 2022 B&B Contributors Brush with Mühle 25mm STF knot every day and be happy! :thumbup:
  • Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose - I need to use my CRS soaps more. They are in that exclusive group that are as good as soap gets! :thumbup:
  • I could wear the combination of Bootlegger's El Dorado aftershave + (before heading out for the day/evening) Belcam Volatile EdT Spray every day! :thumbup:
Another superb top tier shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 200 of 202 = 99.0%
Blackland Brotherhood
Blackland Thursday
Bootlegger's Brigands
20220721_095439~3.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (4)
Brush: Saponificio Varesino, Pewter Crown, Bog Wood Handle (Hand-tied 26mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot)

With the exception of adding the Saponificio Varesino, Pewter Crown, Bog Wood Handle (Hand-tied 26mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot), I decided to use the same kit I've used the last couple of days again today! :thumbup:

Some general musings on this kit:

The Vector is my Top Alpha Big Dog for a reason. Every shave is consistently superb! :thumbup:
20220721_092949~3.jpg

The Saponificio Varesino, Pewter Crown, Bog Wood Handle (Hand-tied 26mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot) is a true high end top tier brush! :thumbup:

Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose is excellent! Great lather, slickness and post-shave face feel! I need to use my CRS soaps more. They are in that exclusive group that are as good as soap gets! :thumbup:
20220721_092806~3.jpg

The combination of Bootlegger's El Dorado aftershave + adding Belcam Volatile EdT Spray before heading out is (for me, at least) as good as it gets. Very satisfying! :thumbup:

Another superb top tier shave! :cool:

Question: How do you like the Black & White pics?

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I can't quite make up my mind about the B&W photographs. At first glance and because of my own personal bias, I'm not sure digital B&Ws can get to what the film B&W shots were and still are, for those who continue to dabble in film photography. But like I said, it might just be confirmation bias on my part.

I should know this but I don't seem to remember. Do you have both stainless and titanium versions of the Vector.... and which one have you been using lately, if you still own both?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I can't quite make up my mind about the B&W photographs. At first glance and because of my own personal bias, I'm not sure digital B&Ws can get to what the film B&W shots were and still are, for those who continue to dabble in film photography. But like I said, it might just be confirmation bias on my part.

I should know this but I don't seem to remember. Do you have both stainless and titanium versions of the Vector.... and which one have you been using lately, if you still own both?
Just the Stainless, which I use with Ti or lighter handles.

Here are the color versions of today's photos:
20220721_095439_2.jpg
20220721_092949_2.jpg
20220721_092806_2.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 201 of 203 = 99.0%
Bootlegger's Brigands
Clubman Friday
Fatip Friday
20220722_131418~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Mixed Metal Grande
Blade: German Bolzano (3)
Brush: Omega EVO

The Fatip Mixed Metal Grande is a wonderful razor for Fatip Friday! :thumbup:
20220722_131507~2.jpg

The Omega EVO is a great brush. Outstanding performance! :thumbup:

Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose is excellent! CRS soaps are in that exclusive group that are as good as soap gets! :thumbup:
20220721_092806~2.jpg

The combination of Bootlegger's El Dorado aftershave + adding Belcam Volatile EdT Spray before heading out is (for me, at least) as good as it gets. Very satisfying! :thumbup:

Superb Fatip Friday Shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 202 of 204 = 99.0%
Bootlegger's Brigands
20220723_202428~2.jpg

Razor: Stirling Stainless HA Plate (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic

The Stirling Stainless HA Plate has lots of blade feel. The Perma-Sharp was not as good a match as the Personna Med Prep, which I used for my first shave with the HA Plate and which produced a smoother shave. A very highly efficient razor, it is more appropriate for more than one day of growth, rather than as a daily driver. So where does the Stirling Stainless HA sit in my pantheon of razors? Still reserving further comment until after additional shaves. :)
20220723_202543~2.jpg

The RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic a really cool brush and an excellent value! :thumbup:

Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose is excellent! Great lather, slickness and post-shave feel. CRS soaps are in that exclusive group that are as good as soap gets! :thumbup:
20220723_202455~2.jpg

Very good shave! :cool:

Top Bottom