never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 63 of 64 = 98%
Blackland Brotherhood
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)
20220305_114617~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (TiBam 'Antique' Ti Handle)
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard (7)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (IBO) Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Tallow + Steel West Indies
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lustray Spice
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

The Blackland Razors Vector is my current favorite razor! :thumbup:
20220305_114706~2.jpg

Rudy Vey's Irish Bog Oak (IBO) handle with the Mühle 25mm STF knot is a fantastic brush! :thumbup:
The Captain's Choice Copper Bowl rocks! :thumbup:

Tallow + Steel is an excellent Top Tier soap! :thumbup:
20220305_114749~2.jpg

Pinaud Clubman Lustray Spice Aftershave followed by Cuba Orange EdT Spray is a very nice combination! :thumbup:

Superb top tier shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 64 of 65 = 98%
Blackland Brotherhood
Single Edge Sunday
20220306_195310~2.jpg

Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: Graydog Chess (TNS 26mm Silver Synth)
Lather: Tallow + Steel West Indies
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

20220306_195355~2.jpg

The Graydog Chess (TNS 26mm Silver Synth knot) is a wonderful brush. The handle is very comfortable in my hand and the TNS Silver Synth knot builds a great lather. Great brush! :thumbup:

Tallow + Steel is an excellent Top Tier soap! :thumbup:
20220306_195458~2.jpg

Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave followed by Cuba Orange EdT Spray is an outstanding combination and one of my favorites! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220307 (AM Shave)
365 Shaves in 2022: 65 of 66 = 98%
MdC Monday
Micromatic Monday
20220307_091408~2.jpg

Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: Personna GEM (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co Elegant Emerald (24mm Synbad)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Brut Classic

The GEM Featherweight Deluxe is, in my opinion, the "Gillette Tech" of the GEM SE razor world. Mild and smooth. Medium+ effective. Takes an extra pass but the Featherweight Deluxe still removes my whiskers without any irritation. Really cool GEM razor! :thumbup:
20220307_091441~2.jpg

The AP Shave Co. Elegant Emerald with 24mm Synbad knot is a very nice, very reasonably priced brush. Great value and performance! :thumbup:

Martin de Candre Fougère is a top tier soap and is as good as shaving soap gets! :thumbup:
20220307_091516~2.jpg

Brut Classic matches up beautifully with the Martin de Candre Fougère. :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe

Nice Deluxe! Have you compared it to the standard Featherweight? I have NOS Deluxe (red box) and standard (green box) Featherweights in my display cabinet. My user Featherweight sits on top gloating that he gets all the attention! I dont know if I ever want to shave with one of those NOS razors. But if the Featherweight Deluxe shaved different, then maybe!

2022-03-07 14.02.16 (2).jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Nice Deluxe! Have you compared it to the standard Featherweight? I have NOS Deluxe (red box) and standard (green box) Featherweights in my display cabinet. My user Featherweight sits on top gloating that he gets all the attention! I dont know if I ever want to shave with one of those NOS razors. But if the Featherweight Deluxe shaved different, then maybe!

View attachment 1420646
I love the way the Featherweight Deluxe shaves. Truly the Gillette Tech of GEM razors. :)

There are differences in the shaves between the Featherweight Deluxe and the regular Featherweight. @Ron R explains the differences nicely:

Post in thread 'Gem Razor Models' Gem Razor Models - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/gem-razor-models.554376/post-10679452

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I love the way the Featherweight Deluxe shaves. Truly the Gillette Tech of GEM razors. :)

There are differences in the shaves between the Featherweight Deluxe and the regular Featherweight. @Ron R explains the differences nicely:

Post in thread 'Gem Razor Models' Gem Razor Models - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/gem-razor-models.554376/post-10679452
Do you have a regular Featherweight? The post you quoted seems to discuss the difference between 1st and 2nd gen Featherweights, but doesnt really mention the Deluxe per se. Unless I missed that. I have to check my razors and see what i have.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
@never-stop-learning all of my Featherweights have the same cap... the Gen 1 as indicated in the post you quoted. So again the question still remains, will the Deluxe shave any differently than the standard.... adding the stipulation that they are both from the same Generation? All of my Featherweights, standard and Deluxe, have the Gen 1 cap on the right.

Generation #2 Gem Featherweight on the left has grooves on the flip tab-Generation #1 on the right has the smooth flip tab.
GEM Cap Styles 1 (2).JPG

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
@never-stop-learning all of my Featherweights have the same cap... the Gen 1 as indicated in the post you quoted. So again the question still remains, will the Deluxe shave any differently than the standard.... adding the stipulation that they are both from the same Generation? All of my Featherweights, standard and Deluxe, have the Gen 1 cap on the right.
Yup, I have both Featherweight and Featherweight Deluxe razors. The v1 Featherweight and the Featherweight Deluxe shave very similarly. :)

I'm not in the mainstream on this, but I rank the Featherweight Deluxe right behind the GEM MMOC/BMMOC razors. :)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Yup, I have both Featherweight and Featherweight Deluxe razors. The v1 Featherweight and the Featherweight Deluxe shave very similarly. :)

I'm not in the mainstream on this, but I rank the Featherweight Deluxe right behind the GEM MMOC/BMMOC razors. :)
Me neither. I am an SE dabbler. But I rank the Featherweight as my #1 SE. The Clog Pruff is the #2. Then thats about it. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220307 (PM Shave)
365 Shaves in 2022: 66 of 66 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
MdC Monday
20220307_112225~2.jpg

Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey AS3M (Mühle 25mm STF)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Brut Classic

20220307_112331~2.jpg

Rudy Vey's AS3M handle with the Mühle 25mm STF knot is a fantastic brush! :thumbup:

Martin de Candre Fougère is a top tier soap and is as good as shaving soap gets! :thumbup:
20220307_091516~2.jpg

Brut Classic matches up beautifully with the Martin de Candre Fougère. :thumbup:

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 67 of 67 = 100%
Tech Tuesday
20220308_195545~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Germany #34 Tech (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion Green (24mm Cashmere)
Lather: TOBS Grapefruit
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Skin Tonic

The Gillette German #34 Tech plus Feather blade is mild, smooth and effective. One of my favorite Top Tier Techs! :thumbup:
20220308_195632~2.jpg

The Yaqi Dandelion Green 24mm Cashmere brush is a really nice, very reasonably priced brush! :thumbup:

TOBS Grapefruit is a wonderfully refreshing and great performing soap! :thumbup:
20220308_205330~2.jpg

Lucky Tiger Skin Tonic is refreshing and has a nice mellow citrus scent. My face is happy! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 68 of 68 = 100%
20220309_072339~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic

The Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech is an outstanding vintage razor. Wonderful in use and performance! One of my favorite Top Tier Techs! Yes, it really is that good! :thumbup:
20220309_072510~2.jpg

The RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic a really cool synthetic brush and an excellent value! :thumbup:

TOBS Grapefruit is a refreshing and great performing soap! :thumbup:
20220309_072616~2.jpg

Lucky Tiger Skin Tonic is refreshing and has a nice mellow citrus scent. My face is happy! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 69 of 69 = 100%
20220310_084200~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Feather (3 and Retired)
Brush: Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic

The Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech is another outstanding vintage Tech. Wonderful in use and performance! One of my Top Tier Techs! :thumbup:
20220310_084235~2.jpg

20220310_084317~2.jpg

The rest of today's kit is the same as yesterday. :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I finally broke down and bought my first single edge razor about a week ago. The RazoRock SS Hawk and blades arrived today.

Which blade should I start with:
Schick Proline, Kai Captain Titan Mild or Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG?
Congratulations! Well done! :)

Personally, I started with the Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG until I got the feel of the AC blade format. Today, I use more Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG and Schick Proline blades than anything else. :)

Top Bottom