What's new

Never Ending Travel Box

The Neverending Travel Box

What Is It
The Box contains a lot of shave related items and some other B&B interests as well, you can try whatever you like and add anything at all for the next people to try, as long as it is B&B related. This box is for new guys so if all you have to add back in is a pack of blades, im cool with that, if you really have nothing to add back in, im good with that as well, there are some experienced guys on the list who can help keep it full The Box is Canada/USA only, due to shipping regulations.

how it works
11 people are on the list, if you want on it subscribe to the thread, when the person who has the box posts that the box has shipped, the first member to declare they want in, will claim the open spot at the bottom of the list.

The Rules

1. When you get the box Post in this thread
2. When you ship the box, post in this thread
3. Have fun and do your best to take pictures and share your thoughts in this thread about what you have tried
4. No complaining, like AT ALL, failure with this one will have you removed from the list
5. If you think you have a real problem, PM me and we will work it out
6. HAVE FUN

01. eventi
02. kevdogg329
03. shivas22
04. spaz
05. floyd923
06. TexLaw
07. FoolishMortal
08. horvy
09. bingo82d
10. JimmyTheChooch
11. mio-cuggino

Usually I shave every other day, but I have a lot of ground to cover:

Fatboy on 5
Omega Boar brush

Today I tried the Martin de Candre original - There's enough for probably the next 2-3 people to try. Great classy scent and perfect lather. I tried the Soap Commander "Resolution" ASB. It's nice and soothing, but I'm just not a balm guy. To me it feels like wearing sunscreen, so after a few minutes I decided to wash it off. It smells like food, which is also not really to my liking. YMMV, of course.

Tried the Godrej shaving round today. Great scent, very old school; soapy. I think this is the last shave on this blade, and I'm not very interested in the others from the box, so tomorrow I'll switch to a polsilver SI.

$uploadfromtaptalk1441290046903.jpg

Today I used HTGAM Limes soap... not great. I had to reload after the first pass. I think I like the fat boy on 3 the best. My daily is a 1947 Super Speed, which is considered mild, so this makes some sense.

The LA Soap Topanga Fougere and Bespoke #1 smell amazing, so I think I'll go there next.

The fragrance is on point. I'm already a big fougere fan. They come in those tiny little pots like for lip gloss, so it'll be a trick sampling it

I find a q-tip works great for whipping up a lather. As long as you only have a couple of hairs to shave.

Wish I had thought of that ... I used my toothbrush. Worked great until I forgot I had soap on it and started using it for it's intended purpose.

Today I used the Gillette Old Type Open Comb with a new Personna "Super" blade. (It's hard to tell from the paper wrapper, but I believe it's a med prep)

AOS Preshave Oil

The LA Shaving Soap Topanga Fougere smells fantastic. It might be a bit bold for some people, but I thoroughly enjoyed it's fragrance. Very woody and herbaceous. Now the down side - On the first pass I managed to get a slick but thin lather. On the second there was hardly any left on the brush, so I reloaded but still not much bulk. Third pass I went to town loading the brush and added some water into the mix and Voila! Sadly this meant that a bunch of soap was left on the brush at the end.

My face felt great after the shave - soft and still a bit slick. Don't know if this is from the preshave oil or the soap; I don't feel like I have time to do controlled experiments, so I changed just about everything this time...

The Old was not much different than my New type OC gillette, which I usually only pull out to use on 3-4 days growth.

BTW, I scooped that earwax out with my finger :)

Today I used the Gillette Old Type Open Comb with a new Personna "Super" blade. (It's hard to tell from the paper wrapper, but I believe it's a med prep)

AOS Preshave Oil

If the blade doesnt say med prep then its just a normal persona (blue\whatever color wrapper).

I enjoyed the oil and smell, the one i added was unscented but had a scent. The added cleanup made me hate it.

Top Bottom