What's new

Need some ideas on reshaping a pipe

Kentos

Wiped out at 25
IMG_6334.JPG

So many moons ago I was into that huge poker pipe fad and bought this massive rough briar from Mark Tinsky and carved the behemoth above.
Fast forward 5 years and now it doesn't do anything for me.
So any ideas on what to reshape it to? I was thinking a volcano, maybe a shallow pot etc. The chamber must be 2" deep so I can cut it down a lot.

Any other ideas?

Kentos

Wiped out at 25
I just realized upon taking some test puffs that I never refined the stem too lol, never noticed how sharp the button was. Amazing what a few months of experience does to educate a person!

I think pot for ease of shaping and billiard for the challenge. That cross grain is perfect for that.

I think a Castello 55 would work nicely. The current stem could be shaped a bit more without too much effort to get the taper and the 55 shape is not too drastic of a change from the current status.

Kentos

Wiped out at 25
I beveled the bottom of the pipe so there isn't enough material on the bottom to do that jutting chin shape, sadly. Not really digging smooth finishes anymore so I might rusticated.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
With that grain, a Dublin might be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I was going to post that picture of Jennifer Lopez' rear, because it makes for a lovely pipe shape, but I didn't want to be redundant.

Top Bottom