What's new

Need help with King C Gillette Cap

Hi I recently won a king c Gillette from a Pif on here and I've only used this razor maybe 2 or 3 times and noticed take off the cap off the handle and base blade there is a chip the threads in the cap does or will gillette replace the cap? Kinda not happy about it I enjoy the razor
proxy.php

Wouldn't think it's affecting the performance at all provided you're not cross-threading the cap, so I wouldn't bother trying to get Gillette to warranty it out (which, even if they're willing, might be hard without a proof-of-purchase.)

As it was a PIF, just enjoy the razor and don't worry about it!

Wouldn't think it's affecting the performance at all provided you're not cross-threading the cap, so I wouldn't bother trying to get Gillette to warranty it out (which, even if they're willing, might be hard without a proof-of-purchase.)

As it was a PIF, just enjoy the razor and don't worry about it!
Well it plays with the Threading is chipped and the alignment isn't straight

Well it plays with the Threading is chipped and the alignment isn't straight

With all but the very base of the threading appearing to be okay, I'm surprised the alignment into the handle isn't straight as the cap should be holding the base plate fairly securely with all the unaffected threading.

Are you saying the cap and base plate are loose when secured to the handle?

With all but the very base of the threading appearing to be okay, I'm surprised the alignment into the handle isn't straight as the cap should be holding the base plate fairly securely with all the unaffected threading.

Are you saying the cap and base plate are loose when secured to the handle?
It's lose isn't like it was before this happened

So it chipped somehow when you were taking it apart? I would think user error would be even less likely to be replaced by Gillette, but if you want to try, I suppose you have nothing to lose. I just don't see it happening.

So it chipped somehow when you were taking it apart? I would think user error would be even less likely to be replaced by Gillette, but if you want to try, I suppose you have nothing to lose. I just don't see it happening.
Just took of normally was gonna use the razor this morning and found this I take care of my razors also it shouldn't be happening this fast or quickly regradless whover had purchased one hate to say it's probably just cheap pot metal razor is why gillette could out the name on it this time around

It cannot be loose; I can see 9 threads holding it. It will only be crooked if it was cross threaded which I don't see.
It may be a Muhle cap{no confirmation from Gillette on this} so that post is likely to be brass with a zinc alloy cap.

It cannot be loose; I can see 9 threads holding it. It will only be crooked if it was cross threaded which I don't see.
It may be a Muhle cap{no confirmation from Gillette on this} so that post is likely to be brass with a zinc alloy cap.
I'll wait to see what gillette emails back

If you have a friend that has a lot of tools or works in a machine shop, tools are made that can dress up that thread. I have a tap and die set that probably has that thread. An alternate tool is a thread file.

Update from gillette I had emailed them about the issue about 5 days ago telling them about the issue and my years of being a loyal gillette user they are sending me a reimbursement pre paid card for the razor thinking they can't send a cap for it

Looks like a possible adhesion issue from oil or other contaminant. If that’s the case it would fall under most warranties workmanship clause. And from the OP’s last response that’s what it looks like Gillette chalked it up to

Top Bottom