What's new

Need help with doors

Gents, I need your help / advice again!

I managed to get a pretty lookin' golden Gillette Adjustable Black Handle (Long). But as always, things aren't as pretty as they seem. As soon as I tried to load it with a blade I figured out that the doors won't close evenly. Could the rod be bent? Or what else could be the reason for this?
Can that be fixed somehow???

See attached pics for details.

Thank you all in advance!

Okay, that's three I know of....you, myself, and Micah1_8...with this exact problem, all adjustables, mine is a '60 Fatboy, Micah's is a slim adjustable, 60's I think. I actually was able to gently but firmly press (and press and press and push and pull and press and push...) and finally got it pretty good and even, I didn't really pay attention to each step, and it's still not perfect, but it's close, and it was as bad as yours is.
Nice find, good luck, I don't really have advice other than be careful and don't use too much force, even if you can't get it good enough to shave with, it's a very nice show piece!

Gentlemen! I managed to repair the doors of the above mentioned razor with a small hammer, some kitchen wipes and a lot of patience. :biggrin:

Thank you all for your advices!

May you all have a relaxing May-day!

+1 . I have used a plastic headed hammer and lightly tapped the doors to improve one that I dropped on a tile floor. YMMV.

+1 I had the very same issue with the same razor and I fixed it like Jimmy said, small rubber mallet and very light blows it came around with some persuasion just fine.

what are these kitchen wipes you speak of, and what purpose did they serve?

Like these:

proxy.php

I folded one and covered the razor with it to protect it and soften the bolws.

Nice job! I had the exact same problem, although not as extreme, with an antique store Slim.

Thanks guys!

I really love this razor now! She is so much more forgiving than any other razor I tried so far - although I do not fancy golden razors. She gives a smooth and close shave. In my oppinion she is smoother than a normal Slim adj. Do you have the same experience?

Top Bottom