What's new

Need help deciding between two razors

Hi, I think it's time to get something to move up from the Merkur 34C. I am currently stuck deciding between the Fatip Testina Gentile and the Rockwell 6C.

I had pretty much decided to go with the Fatip razor and all the good things I've heard about it, but there's still 15% in me that keeps coming back to the Rockwell 6C because of interchangeable plates (for future use if I decide to go more aggressive). I had used an EJ89 for 2 years until I dropped it and the handle broke, I then went to a Merkur 34C which I've been using for 2+ years now.

Is there a reason to pay about $20 more and get the Rockwell razor?

My choice would be the Rockwell 6C but only because i have had my eye on one for a while now.

You get 3 base plates with the 6C so you can pick how aggressive you want your shave to be, it has also been getting very good write ups and reviews.

I have a Fatip Testina Gentile and find it to be a very mild razor, so if that's what you're after that's what you'll get.

I'd go the 6c. I have one and it's my only modern razor in a 100+ collection. The interchangeable base plates make for a wonderfully customizable shave. It's buttery smooth to use, you won't be disappointed

6c for sure. I've got one and Dan x says it's a very smooth razor and with the chrome finish it also has good glide. Having an adjustable is your den is almost a must have. You can just change plates to get either a more aggressive or miler shave depending on your growth that day.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I vote for the 6c because of the base plates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

6c - I recently got a 6s and am impressed with it. The 6c reviews have been that it shaves nearly identically to the 6s, but at half the price. If so, it's an incredible value!

1st instinct says buy the Fatip as the price and the reputation is top notch, but on the other hand why not just go for the 6S instead of the 6C. I think it can be had for less than $80 with a discount. The stainless 6C will last much longer than the zamac version as well. It certainly won't break like your EJ89 did if it was to take a fall. Something to think about though...

Buy all the razors! :lol:

+3! Seriously, this really depends on what you are looking for in a razor. Once I decide what I want, then there are no adjustments. I went 3-piece with a single base-plate as my 'destination razor.' It took awhile to get there!

Thank you everyone for your responses. A little surprised, I was expecting a lot more love for the Fatip razor (not that you guys are bashing it I do understand the love for Rockwell). It looks like I'll be getting the Rockwell 6C.

I'd love to get a 6S but honestly right now the funds don't really allow for that. I'd even buy both the 6C and Fatip if I could but really it's the funds.

Thank you everyone for your responses. A little surprised, I was expecting a lot more love for the Fatip razor (not that you guys are bashing it I do understand the love for Rockwell). It looks like I'll be getting the Rockwell 6C.

I'd love to get a 6S but honestly right now the funds don't really allow for that. I'd even buy both the 6C and Fatip if I could but really it's the funds.

The 6C is a good choice. I have been enjoying mine. It is important to live within your means, and you can buy the 6C now because it is in your budget. If you like it enough, you can enjoy the 6C and save up for the 6S. For my part, I am happy with the 6C and my small handful of other razors. I do not feel the need for a 6S, but if anything ever happened to my 6C, I would consider upgrading to the 6S.

I'd vote 6C too. I have that and a Timeless 0.68 and they both give me a very nice shave with the 5 plate on the 6C being a touch milder.

Top Bottom