What's new

Need a Spring/Summer Scent or two

Hi everyone,
So I’m in need of a spring/summer scent or two in a cologne. What are your favorites? Personally, I’m not a fan of floral. I currently have Nautica Voyage N83 and like it. My wife loves it on me. Looking for a scent or two in the same vein but not a clone if you know what I mean. So what’s everyone got?

Nautica Voyage and Tommy Bahama St. Barts are excellent cheap summer fragrances.

More expensive (and better) are Hermes Terre D’Hermes, Acqua di Parma Colonia and Tom Ford Beau de Jour.

Hi everyone,
So I’m in need of a spring/summer scent or two in a cologne. What are your favorites? Personally, I’m not a fan of floral. I currently have Nautica Voyage N83 and like it. My wife loves it on me. Looking for a scent or two in the same vein but not a clone if you know what I mean. So what’s everyone got?
I have lots of questions:

- how old are you?
- where are you wearing these frags (office, home etc)?
- do you want one size fits all or more situationally appropriate frags?
- what kind of longevity and projection do you prefer or need?
- are you buying this for yourself or others (to woo partner or impress co-workers)?
- what's your favorite frag ever?
- what kind of budget is available?

Let's start there. A good recco can really only be made with those questions having been considered.

I have lots of questions:

- how old are you?
- where are you wearing these frags (office, home etc)?
I work from home. Just around home, or out with my wife.
- do you want one size fits all or more situationally appropriate frags?
I’m open to either.
- what kind of longevity and projection do you prefer or need?
Well if I’m going to spend money I think it should last. I got some of Barberry Coast’s EDPs and they don’t last 15 minutes and they charge too much.
- are you buying this for yourself or others (to woo partner or impress co-workers)?
Well it’d be nice if my wife liked it.
- what's your favorite frag ever?
Polo Double Black
- what kind of budget is available?
I’ll pay for something good but let’s say $100 for a round number for now.
Let's start there. A good recco can really only be made with those questions having been considered.

I work from home. Just around home, or out with my wife.

I’m open to either.

Well if I’m going to spend money I think it should last. I got some of Barberry Coast’s EDPs and they don’t last 15 minutes and they charge too much.

Well it’d be nice if my wife liked it.

Polo Double Black

I’ll pay for something good but let’s say $100 for a round number for now.
Based on those responses, I'd say most if not all Niche perfumers are mostly off-limits. Anyone using naturals/botanicals is probably also best avoided with those tending to underperform. That leaves us designers and a few niche that use predominantly artificials and here's what I think has good longevity and may fit your bill based on your answers:

Terre d'Hermes
Dior Eau Sauvage (NOT Sauvage)
Diptyque Eau des Sens
Diptyque Phylosikos
Aqua di Parma Colonia
YSL Kouros
Issey Miyake Eau d'Isssey
Nikos Sculpture
Guerlain Vetiver
Davidoff Cool Water
Azzaro Pour Homme

I HIGHLY suggest buying samples of everything from Surrender2Chance and/or Luckyscent. I have had nothing but great experiences with them and those samples have saved me from making tons of purchases I would have regretted and introduced me to a few perfumers that I would have been too cheap to take a gamble on.

Best of luck and let us know how you make out with all the advice here.

Based on those responses, I'd say most if not all Niche perfumers are mostly off-limits. Anyone using naturals/botanicals is probably also best avoided with those tending to underperform. That leaves us designers and a few niche that use predominantly artificials and here's what I think has good longevity and may fit your bill based on your answers:

Terre d'Hermes
Dior Eau Sauvage (NOT Sauvage)
Diptyque Eau des Sens
Diptyque Phylosikos
Aqua di Parma Colonia
YSL Kouros
Issey Miyake Eau d'Isssey
Nikos Sculpture
Guerlain Vetiver
Davidoff Cool Water
Azzaro Pour Homme

I HIGHLY suggest buying samples of everything from Surrender2Chance and/or Luckyscent. I have had nothing but great experiences with them and those samples have saved me from making tons of purchases I would have regretted and introduced me to a few perfumers that I would have been too cheap to take a gamble on.

Best of luck and let us know how you make out with all the advice here.
Thanks. I will check them out. Question: does anyone have any experience with Stirling’s EDTs? I have a bunch of their soaps and aftershaves and like them. How do their EDTs perform?

Creed Virgin Island Water is BANANAS good. If you don't feel like dropping the dime on that, Tommy Bahama St. Barts is near enough. It's spectacular if you are out and about, heading to the pool, or heading to the beach.

Thanks. I will check them out. Question: does anyone have any experience with Stirling’s EDTs? I have a bunch of their soaps and aftershaves and like them. How do their EDTs perform?
I don't have direct experience with their EdTs, but I have experience with their soaps and based on that experience, I think you'll find their scents to smell fairly artificial. I would definitely stick to some more high-quality producers of fragrance.

Oud Minerale I enjoy this time of year. A nice aquatic scent. Can't go wrong with Acqua Di Parma Amalfi too.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Hi everyone,

Stirling Soap Company makes Island Man that is pretty darn close to Creed Virgin Island Water without the price tag. Stirling also makes shaving soap, aftershave, wax melts, and bath soap in this fragrance. I like it so much I purchased the the eau de toilette, bath soap, wax melt, and aftershave splash.

Stirling Soap Company makes Island Man that is pretty darn close to Creed Virgin Island Water without the price tag. Stirling also makes shaving soap, aftershave, wax melts, and bath soap in this fragrance. I like it so much I purchased the the eau de toilette, bath soap, wax melt, and aftershave splash.
Yes I’ve become a fan of Stirling’s products since I started DE shaving a couple months ago and I did pick up a variety of Island Man products, including the eau de toilette. Great summer scent.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Yes I’ve become a fan of Stirling’s products since I started DE shaving a couple months ago and I did pick up a variety of Island Man products, including the eau de toilette. Great summer scent.
The coconut lime and dunshire are good summer fragrances also.

Top Bottom