What's new

NCAA Official Tournament Thread

We have been talking about it all morning (of course), and the concensus is that the refs combined with the platform "stage" that the game was played on were big factors. There were no players diving or even playing hard on the sidelines because they were scared to fall off! I know that it made the tickets even more valuable in person, but it cost the game IMO.

One of the worst games I've seen in a while..
Without a doubt the refs altered the out come of the game.
I'm not saying they were "on the take" or anything like that.
I'm just saying the difference in calls from the 1 half to the 2nd half altered the flow and dynamics of the game.
11 fouls in the first 4 mins of the second half.... what a joke.

As a disclaimer.. I wasn't for or against either team. I just tuned in to see a good game.. sorry to say, that's not what a saw.
The bad thing is, in the years to come most will remember this game for the Refs and not that UNC won (except for the UNC fans).

Just sad to see it come to that on what should have been the biggest night of the year for the NCAA and the players/teams.

Didn't watch the game after my Jayhawks absolutely abysmal no-show performance against Oregon.

I heard the same thing from many of the guys at work. Poorly, poorly officiated game. 11 ruddy fouls in 4 minutes? I think this is one of the NCAA's biggest goofs in years. Basketball went from a non-contact sport to tackle basketball in the early 2000s. Sure, they needed to clean up the scrums under the basket but the completely random way they officiate games is beyond maddening. One game they will allow just about anything short of a Judo throw under the basket and the next(sometimes from half to half in the same game) will call someone for their jersey seemingly brushing up against an opposing player.

Well done UNC.

Refs made the game difficult to watch, very over-officiated. Good on UNC for coming back after last year's crushing defeat and best season ever for the Zags. Hopefully those storylines will trump the pitiful performance by the refs and the otherwise forgettable game.

Top Bottom