What's new

Naniwa 1k?

It erases the 1k marks in no time.
But unfortunately the 5k leaves scratches himself wich the Naniwa Super 8.000
is not capable of erasing.

That's interesting. Can you slurry the 8k to polish it out or will a finishing stone buff the scratches out?

Well, no scratches for me after the 4k-5k. I use a slurry-diluted BBW (4k~6k?) after the naniwa SS1k and before the naniwa SS8k.
It's really awkward putting a natural stone between 2 synthetics, but it works for me :001_tongu

But unfortunately the 5k leaves scratches himself wich the Naniwa Super 8.000
is not capable of erasing. Even though the edge is superb...
But that´s a different story

Ditto. My DMT1200 has been great, took a while to "break in" though. Interesting enough I was going to look into getting the 1K but couldn't find a vendor (SRD, Vintage, Classic, Superior) that has the 1k. The lowest is a 2k or 3K:blink::blink:

I believe that SRD is simply out of stock of the 1k Super Stones at the moment, which is why it isn't showing up on their site. I haven't emailed Lynn or Don to confirm, but it was listed a few weeks ago.

I emailed SRD this morning and the Naniwa factory has told them mid-April for the next shipment.

I believe that SRD is simply out of stock of the 1k Super Stones at the moment, which is why it isn't showing up on their site. I haven't emailed Lynn or Don to confirm, but it was listed a few weeks ago.

If you really can't wait sharpeningsupplies has the 1k Super Stone (10mm thick w/ base) and chefknifestogo has the 1k Super Stone (20mm thick w/o base) and the 1k Chosera. Note: I have not used either of these vendors, so this isn't a PSA for these vendors - they just happen to have nani 1k's in stock.

I've dealt with chef knives to go, the guy who runs it is very friendly and helpful.

Top Bottom