What's new

Name your top 3 splashes (and why)

3. Musgo Real (but as time goes on the residue becomes a little annoying, when it's not soothing)
2. Pinaud Clubman (when I don't give a rat's *** about my co-workers' noses)
1. Royall Lyme. Ah,yes. Royall Lyme.

still learning,
Paul

L'Occitane Cade. So far the only AS splash I have tried. I really like the fragrance, shame the product has been discontinued. Not sure how long my seven bottles will last.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue
German Pitralon
Spanish Floïd
Aqua Velva Musk

I didn't receive Alt-Innsbruck yet but I will let you know what I'm thinking about it

Aqua Velva Musk = Aroma and Efficacy
Pashana = See #1
Michelsons BayRum
.......or St. Johns.
.......or Master.

well.
You get the idea.
It's BayRum

Alt Innsbruck - Love the smell and love the cooling feeling
Helan Vetiver and Rum - same as above
Aqua Velva - Probably Nostalgia

Aqua Velva is probably my go to, but this is more because its so easy to get and inexpensive. But I can't rank these three. I like them all equally well.

1. Alt Innsbruck - the scent as you first splash it on is unbeatable (plus the menthol bomb is nice)
2. Dominica Bay Rum - heavenly, genuine bay rum scent
3. Spanish Floid - nice, long lasting old barbershop scent, menthol bomb

L'Occitane Cade. So far the only AS splash I have tried. I really like the fragrance, shame the product has been discontinued. Not sure how long my seven bottles will last.

There is no confirmation of this to my knowledge. It is currently not on their site, but we have seen this happen before with both the Cade Splash and the Vetyver EDT. Not that stocking up was a bad thing, but I wouldn't worry yet.

What! Discontinued! Is this true?

I don't believe so, based on what has happened in the past. Someone can email them and ask, but you know how these companies can be with the information. L'Occitane and C&E are notorious for sending out mixed messages.

1. Musgo Real, because it's effective and it smells great.
2. Proraso Splash, because it's effective and it has a great menthol kick.
3. Alt Innsbruck, because it smells great and it has a great menthol kick.

Edit: I have to give honorable mention to Speick, because it's effective and it smells good.

1. Thayer's Medicated Superhazel
2. Old Spice Smooth Blast
3. Proraso A/S splash

Hon. Mention: Old Spice Sport and Fresh scents, Aqua Velva

Musgo Real
L'Occitane CADE
Provence Sante Green Tea

I could have easily switched the PS for DR Harris Arlington and been just as pleased with the list.

Santa Maria Novella Lavender - I really like the scent. It is not over powering and doesn't make me nauseous like some. It also feels very nice.

I don't think I have a 2 or 3. Everything else I have tried is either tied for 2&3 or just plain junk.

I'm interested in trying this. Where did you get it?

Is this it?

This thread could have been made into a poll so we can see a score. Can this thread be edited to make it into a poll?

Polls, schmolls. :biggrin: I think there would be too many choices to try to poll, which is my point for the request for naming your top three. Even more important, to me, is the why. It's nice to see some relatively new (to us) names being listed, but Musgo, Proraso, and AV are still at the top of the charts.

In answer to your question, I see no option for adding a poll once a thread has been started.

Aww sheesh, picking three, huh? Let me see if I can narrow it down. In no particular order:

1. Old Spice -- I just love the classic "manly" scent.
2. Pinaud's Bay Rum -- Love the burn! That and my wife lurves it.
3. Knock-off Brut from the Dollar General -- It's a classic scent and has just enough menthol.

I've got to give mention to my runner's up though, because it was really just too close to call. Also, in particular order:

4. Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal -- It just works for me, and it's very cooling.
5. Some homemade stuff I cobbled together -- I just really enjoy the smell, and knowing that I made it makes it very special to me.

Top Bottom