What's new

Nacet Question

The Van Der Hagen is pretty mild to my knowledge. You may be appling to much presure to compensate for the mildness. Mild razors can cause you to do that.

That is something that keeps coming up... the Weishi is a mild razor. Or is it. I have a truly mild razor. A Wilkonson Sword Classic (good razor btw not dissing it). My Van Der Weishi is not that mild... either its that VDH had that in mind and had Weishi make it to spec or going off another hobby, where I have seen how chinese QC can be, I got one thats got a bit of bite... I know when I use to much pressure or when I'm rushing things or get the angle wrong. And I always am working on it... but I know when I goofed up. Which is an important step in improving. Going off of the comments... It is a sharper blade than I was aware of... I guess that what happend. I think it surprised me a bit. It has worn in now and gives a great shave. At least I now know thats its sharp!!! I really am interested in how many shaves I can get...

All in all... great blade... just wasn't prepared for it :blush:

Thanks for the comments guys... that helped :thumbup1:

Since I tried the Nacets last year, they are hands down my go to blade now. While I still like and use Personna Blue and Astra's, the Nacet blades work in everything I've tried so far to include my Gillette NEW.

I get almost no irritation from these, unless I get in a hurry.

$6X480nx.jpg

Alright... after 7 shaves it started to get tuggy... not a bad run. Like it. Now I know what to watch out for... definitely a keeper.

Alright... after 7 shaves it started to get tuggy... not a bad run. Like it. Now I know what to watch out for... definitely a keeper.
What razor did you use and what happens after "tuggy".

For me, blades don't mow down my hair good when they get dull. On shave 8 on one right now.

What razor did you use and what happens after "tuggy".

For me, blades don't mow down my hair good when they get dull. On shave 8 on one right now.

I was using a Van der Hagen... and when it gets "tuggy"... which was on the 3rd pass... it starts pulling on the stuble. If you've ever yanked out a hair with some tweezers...thats tuggy!!

I finished the cleanup with one of my other razors and tossed the blade. It wouldn't do a clean cut anymore... so it was time to replace. As always, your milage may vary... If you get more out of them great... but I fight irritation anyway because of sensitive skin on the neck and a beard that decides to grow in 5 different directions with in a square centimeter... It is what it is but I enjoyed the blade... time to get a new one in the razor..

I was using a Van der Hagen... and when it gets "tuggy"... which was on the 3rd pass... it starts pulling on the stuble. If you've ever yanked out a hair with some tweezers...thats tuggy!!

I finished the cleanup with one of my other razors and tossed the blade. It wouldn't do a clean cut anymore... so it was time to replace. As always, your milage may vary... If you get more out of them great... but I fight irritation anyway because of sensitive skin on the neck and a beard that decides to grow in 5 different directions with in a square centimeter... It is what it is but I enjoyed the blade... time to get a new one in the razor..
Thanks for the explanation. I've heard alot of people say the blade starts to tug. I went 30 shaves on a Gillette Silver blue for the first time in the February Challenge and never felt it tug, it's just not as efficient anymore.

I consider my hair medium coarse with a briar patch on my chin. Maybe my home made preshave oil, that I use generously everyday, is the reason why I don't feel tugging.

Was curious, thanks again for the explanation.

Top Bottom