What's new

Nacet Question

For those of you that use the Nacet... I've had my first go with them and am surprised. Great shave after the 3rd shave in... The first shave was sharp and clean but with noticable irritation... second shave was better and the third was an absolute thrill... Is that something I should be expecting from the Nacets?? Going to see how long it will last too... normally I can squeeze out 4-5 shaves easily out of my regular shaves (the only one that it doesn't work with is the Derby Extras)

Thanks for the replies...

I used one for the first time yesterday and today. No problems at all from the start, nice and smooth. I'm using a NEW SC, If they are anything like the Silver Blues, I should get 21+ shaves out of it.

What razor are you using?

The Nacet is sharp and will be rough if your lather and technique are lacking in anyway on the first shave. Take your time and watch your angles and you can get at least 5-6 great shaves out of them. One of my favorite blades

I used one (1) for Fatboy February/One Blade in February. My early experience was like yours and then it settled in very nicely. Toward the end, I was using a bit more pressure than I should in order to get the shaves, but it performed like a champ. I got 28 shaves in February from that blade - no tricks or special care, just the usual, and I probably could have kept going. Enjoy!

I don't notice any real bad difference at first shave, but yes they do get a little more 'comfortable' after a few go's. I can stretch them to three weeks, and I'd bet a bit more? Terrific blades that more people need to carry.

Wow... Thanks for the replies. To answer the razor question, I use it in a Van der Hagen Weishi... Somehow that thing is a bit aggressive and I guess I wasnt prepared for the sharpness of the blade.

Great that there is at least the possibility for a good amount of shaves... but 28 really is pushing it, although I do want to see how far I can go [MENTION=92850]FoolishMortal[/MENTION]
[MENTION=76298]Cash_Stronomer[/MENTION] agreed for now... they have impressed!!

Wow... Thanks for the replies. To answer the razor question, I use it in a Van der Hagen Weishi... Somehow that thing is a bit aggressive and I guess I wasnt prepared for the sharpness of the blade.

Great that there is at least the possibility for a good amount of shaves... but 28 really is pushing it, although I do want to see how far I can go [MENTION=92850]FoolishMortal[/MENTION]
[MENTION=76298]Cash_Stronomer[/MENTION] agreed for now... they have impressed!!
The Van Der Hagen is pretty mild to my knowledge. You may be appling to much presure to compensate for the mildness. Mild razors can cause you to do that.

I know I can't help it when I've used mine. It's mildness leaves applying way too much pressure which may end in some irritation. Luckily though, Weishi provides at least a cut-less shave.

I've never had a rough Nacet shave. Burn? yes. Blood? yes. Rough? never. I've now used ten of them and just received my first 100-pack yesterday. They are currently my #1 blade.

I am always amazed at how consistently they shave and how long they last. Back when I was only being three good shaves per blade with other brands, Nacet was easy to take up to five. I now have no trouble going past six, even though I always toss a blade before I get to seven. Number six is just as good as number one.

I use the Nacets I won at auction from a seller from Jordan.
They've got Arabic writing all over the packageing, but I believe they're Russian made.
With me the 1st shave is ok, the 2nd is my best shave, the 3rd is on a par with the 1st, until touch-ups/buffing, then it gets a bit scratchy. The 4th shave - only tried to once, not good!!

I have a Nacet question. I've just finished reading a very informative 12 page thread on the Nacet Stainless blade. But why does every single person call the critter on the package an alligator, when it is clearly a crocodile? Look at the snout. Gators have wider snouts.

$nacet.jpg$nacet2.jpeg

Nacets are good quality blades that work well for me.

For me, these are in the second tier behind my top 5: GSB, Personna reds, Personna blues, Astra SP and German Wilkinsons.

The Nacet is my favorite blade, just a hair above the GSB and a step above the Astra SP. I get great shaves from the start. I've never gone past 5 shaves with one. I should try that. :thumbup1:

I've not used one in my Weishi though. I'll do that with the next blade and see if it makes a difference. My regular razor is a SuperSpeed, so not fundamentally different.

3 shave with the Nacet and I believe performance has picked up. All have been smooth, today the blade seems to cut a little better.

...I use it in a Van der Hagen Weishi... Somehow that thing is a bit aggressive and I guess I wasnt prepared for the sharpness of the blade.

I find the Nacets to be pretty aggressive, almost like a somewhat milder version of a Feather. If you haven't tried them yet, check out the GSBs.

I remember once FSU hired Steve Irwin to explain the difference between a croc and a gator to troll University of Florida at a football game because someone at UF put a croc on their football program cover instead of their mascot which is a gator.

Oh and Nacets are great blades. I got 7 shaves out of them with the 7th not cutting enough hair so I had to toss it.

I found the Nacet to be an excellent blade.
On Wednesday I just finished one after 51 shaves. It is not as smooth as the Astra SP , the Polsilver SI, or the Voskod (IMHO) but I found it to be a very sharp, long lasting blade .
I am now trying a Personna Israelli red for the first time . It was a sharp very smooth shave but comparing a brand new blade to one with 51 shaves on it is not a fair comparison.
I give the Nacet blade very good grades.

Last edited:
I have a Nacet question. I've just finished reading a very informative 12 page thread on the Nacet Stainless blade. But why does every single person call the critter on the package an alligator, when it is clearly a crocodile? Look at the snout. Gators have wider snouts.

For me, it's mainly because alligators are famous for being rough and tough. Not looking closely at the shape of the snout, I simply assumed the illustration was a pictorial version of 'sharp enough to cut an alligator'. Crocodile never even occurred to me. Which is weird, because I've only been around crocodiles (went swimming near a few in a Mexican lagoon once, good story), never alligators.

Top Bottom