What's new

Mystic Waters Bay Rum

I haven't tried Mystic Waters for a while. The last one I tried was Irish Traveler. I found it hard to lather at first but suddenly one day I must have found the magic and it lathered easily. I thought the scent was a little too light so I went back to Stirling Sharp Dressed Man when Irish Traveler was done.

Stirling seems to have some muskiness in the base notes. Not really bad, just not my preference. I like how it performs though.

A lady friend gave me a new mug and in trying to decide what soap to buy for it I looked at Mystic Waters again. I'm a big fan of Bay Rum. I make one of my own, enjoy Col Conk Bay Rum, tried Stirling's Bay Rum (OK, but didn't excite me), and didn't like the heavy clove note in Ogalolla (or however you spell it). I have a NOS Old Spice that I feel falls into the Bay Rum category too.

I noticed that Mystic Waters showed their Bay Rum was a new formula and the description sounded nice enough so I ordered it.

To my surprise it lathered nearly instantly. It also lived up to the description for the scent. Light, but very pleasant and with staying power, both on me and in the bathroom. Little or no clove note. No muskiness in the base notes. Of all the Bay Rums I have, this one is the one that is most like my Old Spice soap. Keep in mind that the Old Spice soap scent is MUCH milder than their after shave.

Anyway, I think it is a winner. Lathers easily. Pleasing scent. Extremely slick.

I am a very big fan of Mystic Waters soap. For me, it gives the slickest best feeling lather, and the post shave feel is just flat out amazing. All of the scents I have tried of MW have been very pleasant. Not as strong as some soaps, but stronger than others. Right in that nice but not overpowering range.

The bay rum is on my list to get in my next order from Michelle.

When I first got MW Bay Rum in it was a little disappointing. I was expecting a stronger scent. But now I love it. Very nice. I have 4 of their scents.

$MysticWater.jpg

I have sampled Mystic Waters Bay Rum and I think it is everything their description says it is and it was very pleasant to shave with, performance and scent wise. That said I also have Stirling's Bay Rum as well and to me it is not as strong as what the description or the reviews have portrayed... I actually like the clove and other spice scents in the Stirling and I think it reminds me a little of the Old Spice of times past. I could use either one and am sure they would be equally great.

Always a fantastic lather from the Mystic Water, Michelle makes a very good range of soaps, the Bay Rum included.

I am a huge fan of Mystic Water soaps. They have a great post shave feel. I like the bay rum scent also, but there are others that are just really awesome.

Top Bottom