What's new

Mystery stone. Is it natural?

From the limited picture I have available what might this stone be? It looks like it's possibly natural imo and through the dark dirt patches it looks speckled and a bit like a washita.. possibly.

Anyone have an opinion? I've not got a great deal of experience and would appreciate any insight.

Cheers

From what I can see I'd wager it's a Washita
Reckon it's possible it'll worthy to use as a finishing hone? I don't know what range the grit is on washita stones and I currently use a Welsh dragons tongue.

Cheers

Probably not. Most likely either lower or mid range stone. Although I have shaved off a couple.

Yeah - if I had to guess I'd say a Washita, though I'd be far from certain just on that pic. Like Wid said it's not really a finishing stone, though theoretically it'd be possible if you burnished the surface quite heavily.

Frankly they aren't really razor stones at all. What makes them so special is the ability to use quite heavy pressure to reveal how fast and coarse they can work, and you can't do that with a SR. In fact I'd go so far to say that if you have a Washita and only use it for razors, then you don't deserve to have a Washita. It's like those people who have Ferraris and only drive them once a month, though central London, in solid traffic. 😜

Top Bottom