What's new

Myrsol Aftershaves.

I am pretty new to buying aftershaves, and love Fine Snake Bite very much. I have Skin Bracer, Clubman, and Pinaud Bay Rum as well.

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the made in Spain Myrsol brand and types? Definitely cool looking bottles.

Wow, I am surprised that nobody has made a comment yet! I guess I will have to try a sample of them. I know that they are popular in Spain, and I can try at online stores here.

Z,

My favorite is Myrsol Emulsion, I use it with Mitchell's Woolfat soap in the cold months to keep my face moisturized. The emulsion is more like a balm with a nice, dark, subdued masculine scent. It contains lanolin which is what I was looking for when I first purchased it, and I've been through a couple bottles since then, about a bottle per winter. I buy the big plastic refill containers and refill the gorgeous glass bottle.

The Myrsol Blue version is nice, a lot like Floid Blue. I like Floid Blue a lot better. Although the Myrsol is nice, I wouldn't repurchase it. If you've tried Aqua Velva, both Floid and Myrsol are similar, but those two premium aftershaves are miles ahead of Aqua Velva (I like AV too).

I just finished a bottle of F/Extra. I like that one a lot, again, it's scent is like Floid Genuine (which I have). The F/Extra packs a good menthol punch with an old time mellow powdery scent, which I like. I'd buy it again, but it's so close to Floid Genuine. I think Floid has glycerine in it which some say offers better face conditioning.

So, those are the three I've used. No one has a better bottle than Myrsol, so classy and look great if you leave 'em out in your den. I think the Myrsol line is a bit expensive, but worth a try. There's a lot of info all over B&B about Myrsol. Some of the guys own the entire line of products. If you haven't read, there's a great story somewhere on this site about the founder. It's a wonderful story of a gentleman with a passion for great shaving products.

Purchase a bottle and tell me what you think! Have a great shave.

I use the Agua de Limon (lemon water) regularly. It has a nice fresh non-sweet lemon scent with maybe a hint of musk and a light menthol chill (nothing like Snakebite). It comes in a nice glass bottle with finger grooves on the sides. It feels good on the face and is a great summer aftershave.

--Bob

Thank you very much for the replies and information. I think I will try the suggested ones in samples.

I get unsuccessful results searching here, and really haven't read anything about their products on B&B.

Thanks again! I am looking forward to same samples!

I own two bottles of Agua Balsamica. Probably my most favorite aftershave. It can smell like you're hugging a rosemary bush at times.

I'm using samples of Formula C, Blue, F/Extra, and Agua de Limon. I like them all. F/Extra or K might be more up your alley from what I've heard of Snakebite. I'd like to try the Emulsion sometime, as it's highly regarded.

Only one I didn't like is Metilsol, because I think it's more expensive Speick AS splash with a more medicinal scent.

Doesn't get any better than Myrsol. High quality stuff with excellent face feel, even hours later.

I like Aqua Balsamica, F, and Emulsion -- haven't tried the others.

Wow, I am surprised that nobody has made a comment yet!

Myrsol aftershaves have been widely discussed on B&B. If you do a bit of searching, you'll find plenty of in-depth information beyond what has already been offered in this thread. Tip: do an advanced search for title only, using "Myrsol" as the keyword.

Thanks, but I have done that on many subjects, and the search comes up with nothing on B & B. Maybe my browser?

From now on, just a Google search will bring me back here anyway with what I want. That search at B&B is so much easier for me.

Thanks, but I have done that on many subjects, and the search comes up with nothing on B & B. Maybe my browser?

I was talking about the B&B search function, not an outside search engine. Perforce, all results will be B&B only. The B&B search function can be frustrating, because it is over-inclusive. That's why it helps to limit the results as much as possible. Here are the results I got using just "myrsol" as the keyword in a title-only search (as opposed to an entire-post search).

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/search.php?searchid=14879591

I have tried the search function at all levels on B&B and get nothing! LOL Kind of frustrating. Will give it another couple tries, but this is the only forum that doesn't display my search results, no matter how simple or advanced I make it.

Google is much more user friendly and dependable.

I have tried the search function at all levels on B&B and get nothing! LOL Kind of frustrating. Will give it another couple tries, but this is the only forum that doesn't display my search results, no matter how simple or advanced I make it.

I too lean on Google at times, but I will give you an example using screen shots that may be helpful in the future.

Although I don't mind raving about Myrsol in new posts. :001_smile

Enjoy the Myrsol.

Here is what I did in the advanced search function choosing "Titles Only".

$Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 8.39.01 PM.jpg

Here is a sampling of some of the results.

$Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 8.39.23 PM.jpg

$Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 8.39.55 PM.jpg

Use Google to do a site search. After your keywords add "site:badgerandblade.com" (without the quotes) in the Google search field, and Google will only show hits on this site. A quick search in this manner for "myrsol aftershave" resulted in over 3,700 B&B hits.

--Bob

Use Google to do a site search. After your keywords add "site:badgerandblade.com" (without the quotes) in the Google search field, and Google will only show hits on this site. A quick search in this manner for "myrsol aftershave" resulted in over 3,700 B&B hits.

--Bob

That is a great tip, Bob. I will have to try it.

I have, and enjoy tremendously, five Myrsol bottles: Emulsion, Aqua Balsamica, F/Extra, C and Antesol. I use Emulsion every day, but only as a pre-shave. I tried four other pre-shaves, but only Emulsion works for me. Aqua Balsamica smells just like Spice Island Italian Seasoning, to my nose (and Bolognese sauce is my favorite food--enough said). The other three are more like barbershop scents, especially the F/Extra. All five are magnificently classy, with amazing face feel. Right up there with Wm Neumann, my favorite line (if a bit expensive). For reference, I also like Spanish Floids, all Pitralons and, of course, Tabac.

I have Myrsol Blue and Aqua Di Limon. I like both of them. The blue has menthol, not alot, but just enough to cool things off. A nice soft powdery scent is evident for an hour or so. A joy to use and wear. The Limon is a nice sharply scented lemon lotion, with a touch of menthol. It has a bit of a woody musky thing at the end of the scent projection, perhaps half hour total. A nice pick me up on a warm day. Will broaden my horizons later, with F/extra and Emulsion. Myrsol, good value at around $30. Must have at least one of their lotions if you want to feel pampered after shaving.

Top Bottom