What's new

My Stuff

I cleaned up Dad’s old adjustable razors today and cleaned the others while I was at it. I wondered if Dad would have ever thought I’d be cleaning and using his old razors. I never saw Dad use them. As far back as my memory goes, Dad always used a Norelco electric razor. The Super Speeds have been my regular razors over the years. I alternate them when I change blades. The 1965 has been my preferred razor of the two.

Recently I tried out the Gem single edge razor. Not a bad shave, but not as easy to use as the safety razors as I had to be very careful while using it.

Now that they are cleaned up, I will get around to using the adjustables. I’ll try the Fatboy first.

The straight razors are my own recent acquisitions. I will be using those as regularly as I am comfortable with. I have a Weck hair shaper that I’ve used as a shavette from time to time over the years, so I thought I’d like to try the real thing. The Ralf Aust is a hollow ground, and the Mappin & Webb is a near wedge. We’ll see how the straight razor adventure goes.
C20B0B52-5C5C-4780-AAEA-D6C44EB36069.jpeg

Top Bottom