What's new

My shiny new computer

Greetings all.

Got my pay rise along with my back payment today. Decided to treat myself to a shiny new Macbook Pro. Here is my wife holding it. Now I have no excuse for not posting any more shaving reviews! (Before I was doing my reviews on my phone which was a bit awkward).

IMG_0363.jpg

Jason.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Greetings all.

Got my pay rise along with my back payment today. Decided to treat myself to a shiny new Macbook Pro. Here is my wife holding it. Now I have no excuse for not posting any more shaving reviews! (Before I was doing my reviews on my phone which was a bit awkward).

View attachment 1558317
Jason.
I just got my first MacBook a few weeks ago after using Microsoft for 35 years. The transition is driving me nuts but I am beginning to love it. Congratulations!

I love my Macbook Pro. It is a couple years old and more than capable for anything I need to run. I ran Linux on Intel based chips until the Macbook, which also runs Intel, though your Macbook pro is likely M1, unless they have moved to M2 chips. I have read great things about both processors. Congrats on the new system.

Hey, if you learn to use the gallery feature you can do the following: take picture with phone, wait till upload to icloud, check Photos on Macbook, open photo and export to jpeg. On B&B, gallery/add media, upload your photo, copy the B&B code to clipboard, type your post and paste the code for the photo in. Sounds more complicated than it actually is! Enjoy your new toy tool.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I still have the 1992 Gateway Christmas catalog for our first PC. It's buried somewhere in the boxes and boxes of 30 years of computer components and software in our basement.
Oh my! I had TOTALLY forgotten about Gateway!

It was our first type here at home, and we just finally outgrew it after probably 10 years. My wife's folks were teachers, and had an old OLD Apple from probably the late 70's when were dating for the whole week before we got married. I used to play "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego" on it. It had green writing on the screen, lol. 35 years ago! And it was old then!

Oh my! I had TOTALLY forgotten about Gateway!

It was our first type here at home, and we just finally outgrew it after probably 10 years.

10 years? More than double than our 1992, $1700 basic Gateway lasted. Beside the cow-colored boxes, and a number pad on both ends of the keyboard, I loved that Gateway because it had so many problems, it taught me more about computers that I would have ever learned on my own.

10 years? More than double than our 1992, $1700 basic Gateway lasted. Beside the cow-colored boxes, and a number pad on both ends of the keyboard, I loved that Gateway because it had so many problems, it taught me more about computers that I would have ever learned on my own.
Owned a gateway years ago. It may have been the last Windows OS I used at home. If memory recalls, I went to Linux afterwards. I used to build my systems, but it doesn't seem worth it these days. I have to say, Mac has been very solid.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I must say, ours may have been what convinced my wife to be a programmer! And to this day she keeps our gadgets all working for much longer than we have any right to expect.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Congrats! My first Mac was a 2011 Mac Mini. Mom uses it now, almost 12 years later still going. I got the new Macbook Air M2 a few months ago. I don’t use it as much as I thought I would but I got it when I need it.

Jason, congrats on your new MacBook . It should serve you well. And thank you to those who took us all down memory lane, Gateway, IBM PCs etc… My first PC was a Macintosh SE :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom