What's new

My shaving journey begins.

I recently decided to start off on my wet shaving journey. My wife gave me one of those Art of shaving small kits that come with a brush, shave cream, balm and oil in sandalwood fragrance. I really dig the AOS sandalwood scent of the shave cream and balm. thanks to the wife for getting me this kit and making me realize what a great shaving experience i was missing.

below are some products i purchased from bullgoose the other day. I have also bought a couple of wooden shaving bowls with lids to keep the soaps in. any other recommendations you have please let em know. If there is something i may be missing let em know.

I have a beard so i need a recommendation on what type of shaver to use. I would be using this on my cheeks and neck so it has to be easy to maneuver to create a nice shape for the beard. the MERKUR 42C was mentioned but i just wanted to ask you guys before I make the purchase

I also would like to purchase a set to hold the brush and shaver preferably with a matching bow or scuttle. i have seen the georgetown scuttles and they are really nice..

brush
Simfix Grosvenor LE 2 Band

shaving soaps
Tabac Shaving Soap
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Ogallala Shaving Soap bay rum and sandalwood

Bath stuff
Musgo Real Soap On A Rope
Borotalco Bath Soap with
tobs Luxury Shampoo -ShavingShop
TOBS Luxury Shampoo -Sandalwood
TOBS Luxury Shampoo -Mr. Taylor

I also bought a puck of the AOS sandalwood soap since i like the shave cream scent so much.

Sorry I can't be much help on the razor choice as I don't have the maneuvering issues. Congrats on taking the plunge!

Cheers and Happy Shaving!

Top Bottom