What's new

My Search For Smooth

With the BOSC tagline, you are almost required to try at least half of the crazy ways you might hear people shaving.

This one might be a step too far.

shave machine.jpg

Who would have thought steep would be comfortable?

Yep, it surprised me. I'm looking forward to having another go next shave.

Perma-Sharp #46

Fatip Gentile
Omega 10051
Proraso Green preshave
Proraso Green

2 passes

First pass, WTG, all shallow. No surprises, no tugging, although there was one slight drag at my right cheek. No irritation. Next pass.

A spot of blood, standing out red as it seeped through the snow white of the relathered Proraso Green, indicated a weeper just below my lip, left side. XTG, all steep. The sound, still disconcertingly raspy, subconciously undermined the smoothness of the shave. In reality, it was completely comfortable from beginning to end.

After rinsing off and patting my face dry I realised that the underside of my chin could've been closer. Instead of leaving it till next time I used a bit of the yoghurt like proto lather sitting on top of the soap to finish the job. Then I spotted a patch to the left of my adams apple and did the same. Both neutral angle.

A very nice post shave. In places I'm not far off as close as you can get to BBS without shaving ATG. The far corners of my jaw, left and right side, could be closer. This blade isn't gonna last forever.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@TinyT

Playing Devil’s Advocate here…

…Have you considered worshipping Satan?

Or

Have you considered either staying shallow for your XTG pass or making your second pass a steep WTG?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
He’s more of a narrator in “Helen Keller Versus Night Wolves.” It’s really Ms. Keller’s tale to tell. And tell it she does.

He’s more of a narrator in “Helen Keller Versus Night Wolves.” It’s really Ms. Keller’s tale to tell. And tell it she does.

Sounds good. I'll check it out.

Todays shave.

Perma-Sharp #47

Fatip Gentile
Omega 10051
Proraso Green preshave
Palmolive Classic Men

3 passes

I face lathered with the most rudimentary method. Half a dozen dots of cream dabbed onto my face in a pleasing pattern followed by the damp brush. It yielded a nice lather.

First pass, WTG, all shallow. Nice and simple, no tugging.

Second pass, XTG, all mostly shallow, nose to ear. Another nice, comfortable pass. I'm not used to shaving in this direction and I shaved steep in a few places where I wanted to be shallow. When I did maintain a shallow angle it was very smooth.

Third pass, XTG, all shallow, ear to nose. The brush was running low on lather so for the final pass I shaved with grey water. Thinner than I'd like, it was still a drama free pass.

There was a bit of mild irritation at the top of my neck as I was cleaning the sink but it went away before I left the bathroom. Otherwise a very nice post shave to go with a DFS, closer than a 2 pass WTG, XTG but not by much. The extra pass added 3 or 4 minutes to my shave and I my skin feels no worse for it.

3 passes

I face lathered with the most rudimentary method. Half a dozen dots of cream dabbed onto my face in a pleasing pattern followed by the damp brush. It yielded a nice lather.

<Wonders what the pleasing pattern was>

It has too be the pattern!

Top Bottom