My Search For Smooth

<Wonders what the pleasing pattern was>

It has too be the pattern!

1598376240311.png

I made a fractal!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Thats the game yeah but I think its different graphics from the old arcade game. I had my three initials on every one in town as top score. I played on a single quarter once for 8 1/2 hours. I still remember my best score from that 8+ hour game being 8,792,000 something.

Maybe the bottom was Yellow but I remember red bases. The sound is the same!

My earliest computer game memory is playing Bruce Lee on the Spectrum 128K. Patterns everywhere.

bruce lee.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My favorite arcade game was Pole Position, the Suzuka Circuit. At the Disneyland arcade I would put my three initials on every Pole Position game they had. I rarely saw a high score over 30,000, and I could easily top 60,000 on one quarter. I was playing one at a liquor store by my house, and when I went for a 6th replay with 20 seconds of overtime, the finish line changed shapes and zoomed away from my racecar. Next thing the game started playing the Star Spangled Banner for about 3 minutes, the screen cleared and asked me to enter my whole name, as I had hit the all-time high score on the console. The owner told me that when he turned the machine on in the mornings after that it always started up with that tune and displayed my name.

No electronic games for me. I split all the nickels from my paper route on cigarettes and pinball machines. Seinfeld’s Froggy episode, classic electronic. I missed that bus. I laughed to tears watching it.

Attachments

• D002457F-455D-4324-80C6-9D6F354205FB.jpeg
    D002457F-455D-4324-80C6-9D6F354205FB.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 10FA111A-5228-4AF9-A9EE-8D516EDD3FE5.jpeg
    10FA111A-5228-4AF9-A9EE-8D516EDD3FE5.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 4
Perma-Sharp #48

Fatip Gentile
Omega 10051
Proraso Green preshave
Proraso White

3 passes, WTG, XTG, XTG all shallow.

The first WTG pass was unremarkable.

For the second, XTG, ear to nose, I noticed a dot of blood through the lather to the left of my mouth as the razor travelled from my left ear to the corner of my chin in one smooth stroke. Stinging below my jaw, right side, as I rinsed between passes.

Third pass, XTG, ear to nose again, the dot of blood in the same place, the same stinging under my jaw as I rinsed. No tugging throughout the (very smooth) three pass shave.

The final cold water splash felt amazing (no stinging) and was followed by a superb post shave feeling, cool and well moisturised. I hadn't checked the closeness before I started typing: it's very close. Just across the street from BBS on my cheeks and the face of my chin, DFS elsewhere, apart from a small missed area to the right corner of my mouth. Probably my closest shave to date in total comfort.

I felt the shave deserved a squirt of Alvarez Gomez Agua di Colonia Concentrada to the sides and back of my neck. Lemony fresh!

Eucalyptus-Lemon-Mint-Essential-Oil.jpg

Next thing the game started playing the Star Spangled Banner for about 3 minutes, the screen cleared and asked me to enter my whole name, as I had hit the all-time high score on the console. The owner told me that when he turned the machine on in the mornings after that it always started up with that tune and displayed my name.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I am sorry to read of the blood, but glad to read of the experimenting. The parts on the corners of my mouth where walrus whiskers sprout are the easiest to bloody and XTG is the way it happens most (and reminds me I’m not as ATG as I try to be).

Perma-Sharp #49

Fatip Gentile
Omega 10051
Proraso Green preshave
Proraso Red

3 passes, WTG, XTG, XTG, shallow

Another three pass shave, another irritation free shave and a post shave the equal of a 2 pass shave.

I managed to get the underside of my chin and the area between that and my adams apple as close as my cheeks. No tugging, no dryness, no redness, no blood; DFS. Happy days.

49. Damn.

My thoughts exactly! And it's been experimented on too. No random flipping (maybe? I never check, lol), 2 pass shaves wtg and wtg, xtg; 3 pass shaves; my first all steep pass, all shallow, even three or four atg shaves.

On the subject of the number of passes. The last two 3 pass shaves have been not only comfortable, they've been my closest by some margin. However, it's not untill the following day that I can judge just how much closer. After shaving last night, this morning and for most of the day so far I've still had a socially acceptable shave. It was not a million miles off DFS when I woke up. Each time my shaves become routinely comfortable for the entire shave cycle (before, during and after) I start obsessing on closeness again. Or, something that I haven't previously mastered, such as a 3 pass shave or face lathering without the need to reload or relather during a pass (both of which I've recently conquered). Not because they're of vital importance but just....because.

Have you tried a simple N>S and S>N?

Yeah, and I didn't like it, lol.

But, my last 3 pass shave that ended in an ATG pass was not so bad.

Perma-Sharp #37

Fatip Gentile
Omega 51
Proraso Green preshave
Proraso Red

3 passes, WTG, XTG, ATG

I was driven by a very mysterious and unknown impulse this evening. The first two passes were completely uneventful in that they were the fastest, easiest and most comfortable passes of my entire life. Such was the speed and economy of the shave so far and, since I've banished any and all lathering issues after rediscovering my Omega boar I quickly and simply lathered up for a third.

Right jaw, directly against the grain and instead of the gently does it, light touch, no pressure approach of my previous attempts at ATG, I shaved as I normally do, which is to say I used what I think was a shallow angle, considerable, firm pressure and long strokes. It was not the pain fest I'd expected and as if it had a life of its own the razor continued on its path to my upper lip where a bit of buffing ensued, straight over to my left jaw for a repeat of the right, then lower lip and the front of my chin. All directly ATG, all without major issue.

I rinsed the razor and attacked the underside of my jaw with new found confidence, only to receive my first rebuke. I attempted a shallower angle still, with more pressure. An improvement, though still not without discomfort. The right side of my neck, north to south was ok and I noticed a spot of blood left jawline and upper lip as I stared at my reflection. After the left side of my neck I tackled the centre but called it quits as my skin continued to berate me and shaved WTG/XTG along the length of my windpipe.

Post shave; no redness or dryness but a little warmth under my chin, upper lip and neck, balanced unevenly with the cooling effect of the Proraso preshave. So basically a bit warm. There's some stubble on the front edge and underside of my chin, and my neck, but almost BBS everywhere else, unimportant though it may be.

All in all, not too bad, but I won't be making a habit of it. Until my next misguided effort, that is.

I still felt some discomfort from that shave.

Not so with my last three three pass shaves (this is getting confusing, haha), which were all very nice shaves. What I figure is, first make a 3 pass WTG, XTG, XTG shave repeatably comfortable, then make the final pass an ATG pass. The funny thing is, I doubt I'll end up shaving ATG all the time anyway. I just want to see if it can be done.

Perma-Sharp #50

Fatip Gentile
Omega 10051
Proraso Green preshave
Cella

3 passes, WTG, XTG, XTG/ATG

The first pass, with a freshly cleaned razor was unremarkable but for the fact that there was no hint of tugging. On the 50th shave.

Second pass, XTG, everything familiar and secure. No irritation.

Pass three and I started out XTG but quickly modified to mostly ATG for the right side of my face. No issues. I forgot to do the same for the left side and remembered in time for a touch of XTG below my cheekbone. XTG/ATG hybrid for the face of my chin (excluding my lower lip) and moustache. Emboldened, I confidently went for an ATG stroke at the base of my neck, left side. The hairs must've been a bit longer here because they felt like they were being plucked. An adjustment with angle smoothed things out a bit and I shaved the base of my neck, right side and centre, ATG with a very light touch and short strokes. The rest was done XTG, WTG/XTG above my adams apple and a few other areas. As I was finishing the shave at the top of my neck I carried the S-N strokes directly into the oncoming growth with just the residual slickness, just for an inch or so, again with a very light touch.

The result is my closest shave without irritation. The right side of my face is BBS abover the jawline, 95% along the jawline, not quite as close left side. The front of my chin and upper lip is 90-95% BBS (except the lower lip). DFS everywhere else.

Top Bottom